shadow bug ini fallout fallout 4 character

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Gonzotron93

Gonzotron93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi guys, my character's shadow has this problem where it looks too sharp, and I can't see my legs' shadows. I know it has something to do with one of the ini files and I have to tweak an .ini command but I don't know which one. Do any of you guys know? Thanks

https://sli.mg/Ls0fFu

BipolarOne

BipolarOne

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

I believe the best way to do that would be the FO4 configurator in utilities on the Nexus.  You would use that to clean up the ini possibly, which is a command at the end, and you would only need that if this was a very old install of the game.  From there the configurator will launch the default game launcher which will allow you to pick your shadow settings then resetting them to the Bethesda defaults, finish that, then tweek the shadow settings with the configurator.  You would do this in stages an test it as you go.  *burp* most of the time I don't actually end up touching the .ini anymore, just whatever the configurator will set in the .ini for me.  In particular Shadow DIR an LOD was helpful in the later update for that app.  You would just do all that work in testing an playing with it to produce your perfect set up, which sucks, but the pay off is nice.

ma1025

ma1025

Midwestern Courier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

I got you fam.

Fallout4Prefs.ini

[Display]

uiOrthoShadowFilter=3

should fix the issue you're having with your feet. It did for me, at least.

I also have uiShadowFilter=3 but I don't know if that affects that particular issue.

Dingenskirchen

Dingenskirchen

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 965 posts

I got you fam.

Fallout4Prefs.ini

[Display]

uiOrthoShadowFilter=3

should fix the issue you're having with your feet. It did for me, at least.

I also have uiShadowFilter=3 but I don't know if that affects that particular issue.

Just necroing here to thank you,mate. That did the magic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shadow, bug, ini, fallout, fallout 4, character

Page loaded in: 1.104 seconds