Trippy Railroad HQ & CTD In Vicinity of Nuka-World Transit

skyryder43

Two issues. First and foremost,the Railroad HQ is a nigh-impossible to navigate mess for me,due to the textures for just about every worldmesh in the cell ceasing to exist. The result is incredibly trippy; Black,white,and orange lights swirling in the abyss,and anything I look at smearing images of themselves into the abyss. Trippy,and mildly entertaining for a few seconds,but overall entirely detrimental to any activity happening within the space. It also happens to render the Railroad HQ quarters,added by a mod I have,entirely inaccessible... For me. Deacon and Drummer Boy seem to be just fine in there,though they can't get out. Such a shame,too; I need to kill them,right now.

My second issue is pretty game breaking,though not important to me,as Nuka-World's content has yet to be touched by any of the mods I use; From the Commonwealth,if I attempt to approach the strategic vicinity of the Nuka-World Transit Centre,the game crashes to desktop. Do not pass Go. Do not collect two hundred dollars. Just up and crashes. My load order follows.

-Fallout4.esm

-DLCRobot.esm

-DLCworkshop01.esm

-DLCCoast.esm

-DLCworkshop02.esm

-DLCworkshop03.esm

-DLCNukaWorld.esm

-SpringCleaning.esm

-ArmorKeywords.esm

-Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp

-LongerHeadlampWithShadows2x.esp

-LongerPowerLines3x.esp

-BetterJunkFences.esp

-QuickEnterFromStand.esp

-QuickExitToStand.esp

-PipBoyShadows.esp

-FatManRadiation.esp

-VaultTecAcceleratedFocusSystem.esp

-VaultTecAcceleratedFocusSystem - FarHarbor.esp

-VaultTecAcceleratedFocusSystem - NukaWorld.esp

-MoreUniques.esp

-UniqueUniques.esp

-Gunsmith Extended.esp

-SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp

-Northland Diggers New.esp

-SettlersReadme.esp

-Targeting HUD Enhanced.esp

-NoMoreRandomTurretMks.esp

-CriticalHitsOutsideofVATS.esp

-PA_Materials_Paints.esp

-PA_Materials_Paints_Automatron.esp

-PA_Materials_Paints_FarHarbor.esp

-SettlementAttacksBeyond.esp

-SettlementAttacksBeyondFH.esp

-Larger Shipments.esp

-infinite_settlement_budget.esp

-UncappedSettlementSurplus.esp

-UncappedSettlementSurplus-FarHarbor.esp

-LegendaryRarity50.esp

-LegendaryAllDifficulties10x.esp

-ImmersiveVendors.esp

-NoAffinityCooldown.esp

-RadXBuff.esp

-ExtraChemRecipes.esp

-Ground_Vanilla.esp

-MoreMods-HarpoonGun.esp

-FO4Hotkeys.esp

-Craftable Armor Size.esp (Prime suspect for first issue)

-Craftable Armor Size Fix Material Requirements.esp (Prime suspect for first issue)

-EndorsCustomCombatArmor.esp

-EndorsCustomCombatArmor_CAS_CCA_Cost.esp

-Armorsmith Extended.esp

-Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp

-EndorsCustomCombatArmor_AE.esp

-3dscopes-framework.esp

-3dscopes.esp

-3dscopes-AddToSpawnList.esp

-3dscopes-FarHarbor.esp

-3dscopes-NukaWorld.esp

-Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - AiO.esp

-IMG_Castle_Wall_Patches.esp

-myCraftableAmmo.esp

-myCA-FarHarborPatch.esp

-ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp

-EndorsCustomCombatArmor_Valdacil.esp

-myCraftableAmmo-DEFUIPatch.esp

-Vertibird Alt Fix - Far Harbor.esp

As noted above,I believe that,of all things,Craftable Armor Size is the prime suspect for the Railroad HQ looking like an acid trip. Besides that,the only major change to my load order I've made since I've seen the Railroad HQ before this was replacing my old ammo crafting mod for this one.

EDIT: Also,I need to know how spoiler tags work here. I tried spoiler=Load Order in square brackets up top,with /spoiler in square brackets down at the bottom. Didn't work.

Edited by skyryder43

bUseCombinedObjects=0

Do you have this .ini edit? Scraping will not work correctly without it.

The Railroad issue is due to Eli Faction Housing Overhaul, and the .ini edit, but I had a different issue with desks being invisable.

If you have the version with Far Harbor in the name. Replace it with the version without it. That might fix the issue.

You might have the same this happen with Nuka World with the .ini edit. If so there is a mod that corrects it.

As far as your CTDs near Nuka World goes, and I can't say for sure, but your load order is some what out of order.

Place the UFO4P right below Nuka World. The latest version turned it into an .esm as it they had several issues with it being an .esp.

3Dscopes has been recommended by others to be at the top of the load order. It is more of a framework mod which likes to load first.

I do not know if making the few changes will help with the CTD, but it might. Mod in the wrong order can do strange things.

Thing is,the Faction Housing Overhaul really shouldn't be causing the issue; I didn't even touch the mod after I installed it,and it didn't break anything in the Railroad HQ. Besides that,if it is the cause,then the Institute should be equally messed up,alongside the new cells for the Prydwen Quarters and General's Quarters. The problem only occurred after I installed Craftable Armour Sizes. I'll give your fix a shot,anyways,though I doubt it'll work. As for the Nuka-World CTD fic,I'll give that a shot,too,and hope it works.

I use Craftable armor size as well. That mod does not edit world space cells.

Faction Housing does.

It is possable that it brought out a conflict waiting to happen. You never know how mods all react with each other.

For myself, yes the institute, and Nuka Worlds entrance quest was exactly the way you described. Prydwen, and Generals quarters were fine.

The .ini edit is the real issue with the texture glitch you are having. Not everyone is affected the same way. Some seem to not be affected at all by it.

Bethesda got very lazy in the way it did the textures. Without the .ini edit, scraping mods will only scrape item your ment to scrape. Not everything we don't like, or gets in the way of what we all like to build.

There are a number of posts on many different forums about the .ini edit.

Alright,I tossed in the .ini edit,and that fixed everything... Except for the fact that most of the desks in Railroad HQ are now invisible. Oh,well. That I can live with. However,after the load order shuffling,I still crash upon approaching the region of Nuka-World Transit. I get a tiny ways past the bogged down tank (Approaching from Fort Hagen proper),and boom. Crash and burn.

Edited by skyryder43

The invisable desks in the railroad HQ is due to using the version with Far Harbor in the name. I had the same thing happen. I saw no explanation as to why this happens.

Use the version that does not have Far Harbor in the name, and the desks will be back.

As far as the crash goes. You might have a mod that edits the same cell the Nuka World Transit area.

Or you might try validating the game files. Based on your mods I don't think anything should affect that location.

Or your save might be corrupted. It can happen for too many reasons to post.

Try going a different way and see if you can get there. Sometimes changing routs works.

Edited by bill8872

This one I don't know the reasons for. Conflict with another mod, or the save is corrupted.

Only Faction housing, as I had bad issues with the Far Harbor version. So using the non far harbor version will be fine.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but the Far Harbor version will mess up the institute just like you had with the Railroad HQ.

I'm going off memory here which isn't always accurate by any means, but I seem to remember there being an incompatibility with Nuka World and any mods that do interface stuff like Def_UI on first release. I would think PipboyShadows might potentially be a mod that changes the interface files. So check with the mod to see if there is an update for it.