MAKE STAMINA GREAT AGAIN! (concept and need opinions)

LostTruth64

MAKE STAMINA GREAT AGAIN (WIP)

Stamina is pretty important now and needs to be properly managed. Stamina also determines how much equipment you can wear. Equip load is 32% of maximum stamina. With assumption of starting with 100 stamina.

Note: These calculations only factors armor pieces. Weapons will also affect your equip load.

Heaviest Heavy armor set: 97. 300 total stamina, 20 level ups.

• Level 21 is the earliest you can wear the heaviest equipment if you level nothing but stamina

Heaviest Light armor set: 29 x 2 = 58. 190 total stamina. 9 level ups.

• Doubling the equip weight for Light Armors for balance purposes for this mod and in vanilla the weight difference is not only drastic but extreme (337% difference) The actual carry weight wont be affected
  • Level 10 is the earliest you can wear the heaviest (top tier) Light equipment if you level nothing but stamina.

30% or under maximum equip load = +35% stamina regen, sprint 10% faster

31 – 69% = +20% stamina regen

70-99% = No benefits, move 10% slower, -10% stamina regen

100%+ = Move 20% slower, -20% stamina regen

Stamina Above 70% = Attacks deals 10% more damage, take 10% less damage, +10% stamina regen

Stamina Below 69% = No benefits nor handicaps

Stamina below 30% = Attacks deals 15% less, Power attacks deals 30% less, swing 15% slower, and take 10% more damage, Block is 30% worse

Stamina below 10% = Attacks deals 30% less, Power Attacks deals 50% less (does as much damage as a normal attack), take 20% more damage, Block is 60% worse

------Context------

Out of the 3 stats, Stamina is the least impactful and the most useless. You can just spam attacks and even power attacks as long as you have at least 1 stamina. There's no drawbacks or consequences for neglecting your stamina bar. So I want it to make it an actual worthwhile investment. I discovered that SkyRe already does what I had in mind but I personally feel that the heavy punishments happens too early. Deal 40% less damage with 25% or less Stamina with SkyRE vs what I have in mind above. I would also love to implement an Equip Load/Burden mechanic similar to Dark Souls for Skyrim to be more like a traditional RPG.

-----------------------

I would love to hear your opinions, criticisms, or even suggestions before I start working on this. Is it a good idea? Not balanced? Please tell me what you think!

Edited by LostTruth64