Console Command for Item ID

m3rr

Hey all , I'm just curious if there is a command to get the ID of an Item in Skyrim via target?

I'm aware this maybe the wrong section , but to be honest not sure where to ask :)

Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum and if moving is necessary

Much Obliged.

Much obliged for the responses

What I'm looking for is a way to get the ID of an item I have. Was hoping this would be the simple way.

I have a copy of the Nightingale suit without any enchantments.

I was hoping to get the ID so as I can manually Enchant the item with the console, I've been playing around with it lately

I suppose I'd have to contact the Mod author?

What I'm looking for is a way to get the ID of an item I have. Was hoping this would be the simple way.

I was hoping to get the ID so as I can manually Enchant the item with the console, I've been playing around with it lately

Nope, type in "help nightingale 0" on the console and then look for "ARMO" in the beggining of the line and of course look for "Nightingale suit" if there are lots of results you can scroll through them using "Page Up" and "Page Down" until you find what you want, after that it's just get the ID and type "player.additem <ID> 1" and there you go!

Here ya go sir! :thumbsup:

example: player.additem 000fcc0f 1 ( This will give you 1 Nightingale Armor 32+ into your inventory)

Nightingale Armor

Level: 1-18 0005db86

Level: 19 -31 000fcc0e

Level: 32+ 000fcc0f

Nightingale Boots

Level: 1-18 000fcc0c

Level: 19 -31 0005db85

Level: 32+ 000fcc0d

Nightingale Gloves

Level: 1-18 0005db87

Level: 19 -31 000fcc10

Level: 32+ 000fcc11

Nightingale Hood

Level: 1-18 0005db88

Level: 19 -31 000fcc13

Level: 32+ 000fcc12

From what I can tell the command "playerenchantobject " does not work with the Nightingale set items :sleep:

Edited by darkjedi73200

If it's an item you have you can drop the item (if it's a stack then drop all of them), pick it up, open the console and type- "player.showinventory". The last entry should be the item you just picked up, that's the Base ID for it.

If it's a quest item you need to save, drop everything you can, use player.showinventory which will display all you quest items and keys, then use player.removeitem to whittle down the list & repeat until you find the item you're looking for. Then obviously reload your save & add the item.

Nope, type in "help nightingale 0" on the console and then look for "ARMO" in the beggining of the line and of course look for "Nightingale suit" if there are lots of results you can scroll through them using "Page Up" and "Page Down" until you find what you want, after that it's just get the ID and type "player.additem <ID> 1" and there you go!

You sir or madam, are awesome

edit :

Though I do not retract the statement of awesome.

Question 2 if I may

I found an unenchanted version of it first couple of times and tries through.

Curious , the NPC's see me as Naked. Also , not all Console given enchantments are taking.

I'm aware that they are limited to 2 per item. (as far as I know)

I've found a list of all the enchantments in game (console commands)

Curious what would qualify as limited per armor or amulet etc...

Also - why do the NPC's think I'm naked? lol

Much obliged.

EDIT 2 :

So I haven't figured out why perse they think I'm naked , however I have found the showinventory command. So as such I simply crafted the Vanilla Nightingale robes, got the ID, removed the item, re-added with scaled enchantments.

Not bad resolution. This way also gives me the ID for an idea I was kinda playing around with MOD wise... One that would be much simpler with more knowledge of this works haha.

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Much appreciated.

Issue definitely resolved :)

Edited by m3rr

• 2 years later...

make it easyer by typing in "player.showinventory" then use page up and page down to navigatevto the item you want (it goes in order that you first picked up) this works without players just click on an npc and ype showinventory.