NMM "A problem occurred during install"

Colleenfrances

A handful of mods have been giving me problems. I don't want to install them manually because it's a pain in the ass to uninstall them later. I'm getting this error:

Armorsmith Extended v3.2-2228-3-2 // A problem occurred during install:
Access to the path 'C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Mods\cache\Armorsmith Extended v3.2-2228-3-2\Armorsmith Extended v3.2\fomod\info.xml' is denied.
The mod was not installed. // Install //

What do I need to do to fix it?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same problem somewhat frequently ... running as admin doesn't help. the file structure is there but the info.xml isn't there. I noticed it was set to read only (but so is everything else in the mods cache) I tried unchecking the read-only box, but still no luck. I guess I'll try manual install now.

I found a solution - tho it likely has drawbacks - especially if there is anything crucial that needs to be stored there. after attempting an install and failing due to not being able to access the info.xml,

go to the location where the info.xml file was supposed to be ... make a new folder and name it info.xml ... and attempt the install again.

to my suprise it worked...

no drawbacks as of yet, and the mod is working fine ... for now at least. ^_^ It's a quick "fix" till we find out how to do it right. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I found a solution - tho it likely has drawbacks - especially if there is anything crucial that needs to be stored there. after attempting an install and failing due to not being able to access the info.xml, go to the location where the info.xml file was supposed to be ... make a new folder and name it info.xml ... and attempt the install again. to my suprise it worked... no drawbacks as of yet, and the mod is working fine ... for now at least. ^_^ It's a quick "fix" till we find out how to do it right. lol

That worked! Thanks! :D

I found a solution - tho it likely has drawbacks - especially if there is anything crucial that needs to be stored there. after attempting an install and failing due to not being able to access the info.xml, go to the location where the info.xml file was supposed to be ... make a new folder and name it info.xml ... and attempt the install again. to my suprise it worked... no drawbacks as of yet, and the mod is working fine ... for now at least. ^_^ It's a quick "fix" till we find out how to do it right. lol

What if there is a info.xml there?

Edited by Sylbanea

OH MY GOD IT WORKED

Thank you so so much!