NMM "A problem occurred during install"

Colleenfrances

Eli's Armour Compendium - Eli"s Armour Compendium - CBBE and BodySlide 1.4 // A problem occurred during install:

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\BrokenNose\AppData\Local\Temp\NexusModManager\yqjcn3t0.5tl\Materials\Elianora\Armour Compendium\Jets\bluelens.bgem' because it is being used by another process.

The mod was not installed. // Install //

This keeps poping up everytime i try install a mod

any help please???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I found a solution - tho it likely has drawbacks - especially if there is anything crucial that needs to be stored there. after attempting an install and failing due to not being able to access the info.xml, go to the location where the info.xml file was supposed to be ... make a new folder and name it info.xml ... and attempt the install again. to my suprise it worked... no drawbacks as of yet, and the mod is working fine ... for now at least. ^_^ It's a quick "fix" till we find out how to do it right. lol

where is the location of the info.xml file?

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've managed to find out by digging around a bit with some mods and their files. Here's what i found

The "Fix" in this thread is referring to FOMODs, so if you look in their files or rar files, you'll find the info.xml file in the fomod folder

For example : Warzones/fomod/info.xml

Hope it helps

(NOTICE : This only appear in mods with FOMODs install options, those that are basically just some .esp files usually dont have info.xml files)

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been encountering this problem, but with AWKCR for Fallout 4. I don't get anything further than "an error occured during install: ", and as such can't give an ideal report on the situation. The info.xml is located where it should be (under FOMOD) and it does appear to be a wizard-based problem, as VIS, which uses a fomod wizard fails. The primary difference here is that VIS will initiate the installer, while AWKCR simply refuses to do so. Any help would be appreciated.

Update not 5 minutes later:

Apparently, after my NMM encountered a terminal error and ended, I ran it as administrator, and can now install most mods, however I have to attempt install twice, the grand exception being AWKCR yet again. I can't be certain what resolved the problem. But try running as admin if you can. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Skyramgoat

• 2 weeks later...