how to cut the mesh of an armor in half in blender 2.49?

silberne

can some one plese tell how to cut the mesh of a cloth? I am trying to split/rip the armor down the zipper, however when I select a vertex or edge and use the V button for spliting the blender gives me a n error "no proper selection or face included". When I repit the steps on a new added plane or a qube the ripping works just fine and I am able to make a hole, however doing the same on the armoralong the zipper line gives me an error. How to do it correctly?

I have asked that question in the "read first" topic, but no one have responded there, so may be some one can notice it here?

If I want to split a mesh in Blender, I usually use face selection. I select all the faces I need then use the P button to separate object in Edit Mode.

Thanks, but it's not exactly the thing I need. With P a new object is created with all selected faces, but what I want is to split the bounded edges and vertexes and stay in the same object, you know, like when you unzip a zipper you are not tearing a piece of cloth from your jacket, but simply split the zipper line) that's what I ment.

• 1 month later...

If I want to split a mesh in Blender, I usually use face selection. I select all the faces I need then use the P button to separate object in Edit Mode.

Thanks, but it's not exactly the thing I need. With P a new object is created with all selected faces, but what I want is to split the bounded edges and vertexes and stay in the same object, you know, like when you unzip a zipper you are not tearing a piece of cloth from your jacket, but simply split the zipper line) that's what I ment.

I havent used 2.49 in years but you could try the rip tool maybe. Use it with V see if that's what you want

• 1 year later...

I havent used 2.49 in years but you could try the rip tool maybe. Use it with V see if that's what you want

Well, when I select the vertex and press V the error pops up "no proper selection or face included"

• 2 months later...

If you do not worry about loosing weight paints, just export it as an OBJ, and re-import in Blender 2.79

It has got better tools. But this is just an answer in the dark so it may not be useful to u.

Also, if you could give some kind of image of the object, that may give a better idea of what could be done?