Noob modder who wants to get into perk and skill changes

MidigYo

I dont care if i use Tes5Edit or CK as long as i can use both without problem, i can use them without depending on a master except vanilla game + all DLC. I want it to be compatible with:

-USLEEP

-Weapon and armor fixes

-Enchantment bug fix

-Crash fixes

-Bug fixes

-SkyUI and SKSE (not sure if it is possible to conflict with it, not sure if SE will require them).

-Cutting room floor

-RaceMenu

-CCOR

-Clothing and clutter fixes

-Alternative start, live another life

By compatible i mean no conflicts that will make it unplayable or ruin their bug fixing or content adding features. I have no gripes about for example altering recipes in CCOR as long CCOR works as it should otherwise.

Onto the issue. I need to know:

-What plugins do i load when i open CK. Just Skyrim or Skyrim + DLC or Skyrim + DLC + Mods listed above?

-Any way i can have the "yes to all" when errors pop up on CK? I see no such button and wonder if there is a hotkey for it.

-How do i make an esp. where i can make my changes without affecting original Skyrim esp and esm?

-Any good and updated/still relevant guides on perk changes?

-Any way i can alter so daggers, swords and two handers go under one handed and rename it "blade" and make axes, maces and warhammers go under two handed and rename it "blunt". For example using any axe will level two handed now named blunt and increase damage with one handed maces and warhammers alos. If this cant be done making perk changes will be pointless.

If the latter is possible i would like it if i could get detailed instructions on how to make a new esp. in which i make the skill changes. I know i am asking a lot, but i prefer to know what im doing at the start and hope that examples provided will help me do more in the future. If i got to know how to make blunt category i am sure i can figure out how to make blade skill as well as new perks just fine as long as i got a good perk guide.

- You should load Skyrim.esm and update.esm. Only load DLCs if you plan to reference forms added by those DLCs (e.g. you may want to load Dawnguard if you plan to make crossbow perks).

- The first time you fire up the CK, do not set anything as the active file. After the first time you save your new mod, you'll want to set it as the active file whenever you plan to make changes to it.

- In your SkyrimEditor.ini located in the Skyrim folder, there should be a line under the [Messages] section that says bAllowYesToAll=0. Change the 0 to a 1. If the line doesn't exist, you can create it.

- I don't know about any good guides to perk changes, but nothing much has changed since the game came out so the info in any guide will probably be sufficiently up-to-date to be helpful. The only except will be werewolf/vampire perks which are a little bit different from other perks and may not be covered in guides that were written before Dawnguard came out. One tip I will give you is that you will want to become very familiar with this page:

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Condition_Functions

Condition functions are used to determine when and how perk entries are active. You'll also obviously want to check out the perk and perk entry point pages on the wiki.

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Perk

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Perk_Entry_Point

Ok, so from what i understand i am to use Skyrim esm and update esm to be on. Then i make my own esp. Whenever i want to edit something related to dawnguard (as an example for DLC) i activate only dawngaurd and my new esp with my new esp as active file. This way i make no changes to my vanilla Skyrim, but make changes to my esp which modifies vertain values. If i am to see what it changes i go in Tes5edit and load it up and see how it compares to Skyrim.esm and update.esm.

The perk guides dont help too much. I wish there was some sort of mentoring system to get going, but it seems like most things are quite self taught in this community.

Once you add Dawnguard as a master (load it and make any changes to your plugin), you'll have to have it loaded whenever you load your plugin from that point on.

The "active file" is the plugin you are currently modifying in the CK. The only time you will load up the CK without setting an active file is when you want to start a new plugin.

Some of us hang out on the forums looking to help out if we can and if we have time, but the expectation is that you will do the bulk of the work yourself (which includes tinkering). If you are struggling with something you can always ask. Somebody will help if they can.