Help! Nick Valentine Follow Bug

hever

Nick won't follow me as a companion, when I click follow he acknowledges it but doesn't follow me, the button doesn't change from follow to stay either. He just wanders off, I used SGTM to speed up time and I followed him from the Castle all the way to Nuka World where he just stands on the train (in Nuka World not in the Commonwealth). During the trip he won't shoot at enemies either, he just walks a route to Nuka World. Please can someone help me, is there commands to fix him or a path or something?

I would look him up. ~ an click him write down that reference number, FO4Edit type that in, it should pull up a reference, then find the base form for that actor an hold ctrl an click it, that would take you to the actors base form, the reference is the placed version of that in the world. Then you would see if there were mods that changed that base form, causing it to glitch out. I'm not really sure of another way to fix it. I mean it's indicative of a bad load order of mods. Either a bad order or outdated mods. You could run tests on that if you wanted, just start a new game an head down the main quest to grab him, you could even ~TGM or make it fun. When you load a savegame we have the ability to pick which character we want to load, it separates the savegames by character name. You would just disable all mods, start a new game, exit the vault, save it. Then enable the mods, then go get the guy an see if it still glitches out.

I would look him up. ~ an click him write down that reference number, FO4Edit type that in, it should pull up a reference, then find the base form for that actor an hold ctrl an click it, that would take you to the actors base form, the reference is the placed version of that in the world. Then you would see if there were mods that changed that base form, causing it to glitch out. I'm not really sure of another way to fix it. I mean it's indicative of a bad load order of mods. Either a bad order or outdated mods. You could run tests on that if you wanted, just start a new game an head down the main quest to grab him, you could even ~TGM or make it fun. When you load a savegame we have the ability to pick which character we want to load, it separates the savegames by character name. You would just disable all mods, start a new game, exit the vault, save it. Then enable the mods, then go get the guy an see if it still glitches out.

Thanks for the reply, the only 1 mod I'm running is Tales of the Commonwealth, when i disabled the mod he still does the same thing. The thing is its not happening to any of my other companions just him

Start a new game, and test the follower. I'd try to make it fun. You would go read the description for that mod, and look in the posts tab on it. People miss stuff. You're starting a new game to see if it's caused from a quest/dialog variable or even partial/full save game corruption. Savegames are listed by character, so we can have more than one. It would just allow you to test it, but no reason you can't make that fun.

• 9 months later...