[ Request / Idea ] Gotta go back in time !

SirArtilleur

You know... it's when I see things like this [ http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/53362/? ], or even THIS [ http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18971/? ] that I wonder :

Is there someone out there who would be interested... hell, could it be simply possible to work on some Pre-war section ?

Something spared of the Wasteland ; a living portion of Boston downtown, before the atomic event. I don't know how it could be possible, but... We've got the "Memory Den" and his incredible technology which purpose is absolutly inexistent, except for backstory of one character in the main quest... quite a downer when you realise all the possibilities of the protagonist's memories ! Think about it : he / she wanted to take a ride in the past visiting Boston, as he / she knew it. But a "bug" ( provoked ? ) trapped our protagonist inside the memory's chair, letting him / her into a reality falling to pieces from every side, trying to find a way out back into reality... ... ... Ok, ok. I know it sound inconsistent, and it is. But that's a random idea that crossed my head, it can easely take other forms : a safehouse ? an imersive point of view for the lore of Fallout ? Why not the memories of someone else, too ?

[ Don't throw rocks at me, but... My personnal dream would be to see a new point of view of the Anchorage War... I know, most of people hated this DLC, back in the days. But it could be interresting to see, with a new point of view : the true events, not just a simulation. We fought outside the town in the training program... but who tell us that the conflict weren't inside the town ? That the chinese forces were'nt more equiped ? Truely, it deserve a second chance... at least, I believe it. ]

Anyway, I hope that the idea doesn't seems to silly, and that maybe, one day, it could interest some people...

On that note, thanks to have read my topic, and have a nice day / good night ! :happy:

Edited by SirArtilleur

It may be possible to craft such a mod...

using 'any door to anywhere' mod,

you place a door at an area, and build over it the powered-up teleporter pad mod from the institute quest...

probably, the institute cave door mod door...

the teleporter teleport you not just in space, but time... somehow.

a direct allusion to 'quantum leap' hehehehe

the other end of the door opens to several places -

you can open the door into the pre-war developer testing worldmap...

forgive my lack of coordinates - you Ctl+C the 16 character string into the door open handle...

or you could open the door into Sanctuary after the vault keyed event had happened...

you build baracades between the areas,

and have different world-lighting for partitioned areas,

with many different 'any door anywhere' entrances to the same testing map

or new lands map.

that would allow you to build directly in a pre-war variant.

for something more enduring,

you may need a more complex 'new lands' mod and string of others...

you'd need someone whos good at papyrus and perl or those other codes to aid...

you make a whole new world area, pre-war,

ontop of that, a whole new alaska area... etc.

that is a much more ambitious scope,

yet, it would be much more stable...

my code-fu is barely capable of maintaining the mods I presently use,

let alone something of that scope unfortunately hehe.

good luck though, something like this would be fun.

When I saw the memory den... I kind of felt bummed out that our character couldn't take a ride though their own memories instead of Kellog's.

It would add some really great role-playing stuff, if you were able to respond to your spouse in the memories, and have the memories unfold differently depending on the choices you made. but that might be too complex?

I think there's so many different directions to take this suggestion, too. You could have a obsessed historian who finds out about you and is willing to give you tons of caps in return for letting your memories be recorded too, and so on forth. there could be more quests based around the memory den.