'Fus Ro Dah'- Unrelenting Force

'Wuld Nah Kest'- Whirlwind Sprint

'Zun Haal Viik'- Disarm

'Strun Bah Qo'- Storm Call

'Lok Vah Koor'- Clear Skies

'Tiid Klo Ul'- Slow Time

'Iiz Slen Nus'- Ice Form

'Gol Kod Nah'- Earthquake [Translation: Earth Wield Fury]

Can cast 'Wards', 'Firestorm', 'Blizzard', 'Wall of Flames', 'Wall of Frost', 'Flame Thrall', 'Frost Thrall' and 'Storm Thrall'

Taunts

"Thurri du hin sille ko Sovngarde!" Translation: My lord [Roughly] will devour your soul in Sovngarde! [At the beginning of the battle]

"Krif krin. Pruzah!" Translation: Fight courageously. Good! [stage 2 of the battle]

"Brit grah. [beautiful Battle] I'd forgotten what fine sport you mortals could provide!" [stage 1&2 of the battle]

"You are brave, Dovahkiin. Your defeat brings me much honour." [stage 1&2 of the battle]

"It's to be a real fight then. Good!" [beginning of Stage 2]

"Your Thu'um is strong.... for a mortal." [stage 2 of the battle]

"Bovul, Dovahkiin- ahrk lahney!" Translation: Flee Dragonborn- and live! [stage 1 of the battle]

"Watch yourself, Dovahkiin. I do not wish this to end too early!" [stage 1 of the battle]

I'm envisioning his lair as being only accessed through a barrow, and then you finally confront him in an open pillared courtyard. He'll be atop a pillar, bombarding you with spells and shouts until you kill off his minions. This would split the fight into two stages, one where you're fighting minions- which will be difficult -and another where you fight the dragon lord himself - also very difficult -so, what do you think?

This guy sounds like a boss. Like, I know he's a boss, but- Nevermind.

Anyways, he sounds fun, if a bit overwhelming. Maybe due to his honorable nature, he uses spells depending on what kind of armor/resistance you have.

Like if you had on magic resistance, he'd use spells more, and if you had fire resistance, he'd just use fire-spells.

He can still do lots of damage though; Just less than he could cause he's a cool guy.

As for his minions, maybe he could have a bunch of Storm Atronachs that reassemble when he switches stages. That'd be cool. Like he has a Shout that reanimates them with bolts of green lightning: Strun Tiid Dinok (Storm, time, death=Storm, undo death?)

Edited by IxionInc

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make appropriate edits. Budz- I'd be honoured to help create the lore and storyline for the Dragon Matriarch battles.

Later: Alright, Aokrilotkro is now edited- well, his taunts are at least. Also, Ixionlnc if you really want to know some draconic words there are a few books in-game that give translations, the Skyrim game guide gives translations as well; but the easiest place to find translations is on the Dragon Language page of TES Wiki- that's how I created most of my custom shouts and taunts.

Edited by Zinnorokkrah

I'll make appropriate edits. Budz- I'd be honoured to help create the lore and storyline for the Dragon Matriarch battles.

Later: Alright, Aokrilotkro is now edited- well, his taunts are at least. Also, Ixionlnc if you really want to know some draconic words there are a few books in-game that give translations, the Skyrim game guide gives translations as well; but the easiest place to find translations is on the Dragon Language page of TES Wiki- that's how I created most of my custom shouts and taunts.

That's what I did. I originally was going to go with Ofan Laas Qethsegol, (Give Life [to] Stone).

Hey guys- I'm having trouble with the third lord; the one you can choose to ally with. Considering that he's going to be the player's ally- and I seem to have hit a blockage for now -I'm asking for your imput. What do you want your draconic 'Jarl' ally to be like? Archetype, personality, that kind of thing. I want to make him sympathetic, someone you'd want on your side- and that's why I am turning this over to you.... you know, unless I suddenly have a creative breakthrough, in which case I'll still take suggestions :tongue:

Hey guys- I'm having trouble with the third lord; the one you can choose to ally with. Considering that he's going to be the player's ally- and I seem to have hit a blockage for now -I'm asking for your imput. What do you want your draconic 'Jarl' ally to be like? Archetype, personality, that kind of thing. I want to make him sympathetic, someone you'd want on your side- and that's why I am turning this over to you.... you know, unless I suddenly have a creative breakthrough, in which case I'll still take suggestions :tongue:

I guess look at likeable characters like Farkas.

I have no clue like what kind of Hold he's a 'Jarl' of. Or even if he reigns over a hold. But I'd say a mage-like character who isn't a douche could work (Despite using that archetype for Aokrilotkro).

Or maybe a Dragon who actually likes humans, due to their ingenuity, or their smithing, or something. Akin to the Doctor from Doctor Who. A sympathetic, yet powerful character, who you can trust. And no matter how much you screw up, he'd still be on your side.

Alright, I can work with this. Which Doctor- Tenth or Eleventh? Eleventh-style would be interesting [A manic dragon?!], because the Eleventh Doctor tends to have moments of extreme ferocity and emotion, while the Tenth is more composed, but still every bit as dangerous as when he's really angry he won't let emotion get in the way of a plan he knows will work. In any case- I'm a major Doctor Who nut, so thanks for that analogy! I should have the new lord up later today.

By the way, the Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe is out Sunday- hurray!

Do want.

How about having a handful of dragons that, once their souls are absorbed, grant you access to very powerful, unique and oh-so-fun shouts / powers.

Something along the lines of those specific dragons being aspects of certain elements that you are requested to gather and harness their powers inside yourself. So you can later release them (unwittingly) into a 'well of sorts' to 'birth' an evil god of death that escapes. And you, being the creator of this abomination are sent to destroy it, enslave it or absorb it (depending on whether your character is good or bad) granting you power or fame.

I do enjoy creating.

Edit: The reason these specific dragons are 'cursed' with the powers of the 'death god' is because long ago during the dragon reign of terror. The dragons discovered this god and feared it's power so they managed to subdue it and 'split' it's different aspects into the souls of their strongest dragons (Maybe Paarthurnax?) and these dragons went into hiding so that the death god may never be released on the world.

This is just something im rattling off the top of my head. Feel free to jump in.

Edited by Etemnatus

Alright, I can work with this. Which Doctor- Tenth or Eleventh? Eleventh-style would be interesting [A manic dragon?!], because the Eleventh Doctor tends to have moments of extreme ferocity and emotion, while the Tenth is more composed, but still every bit as dangerous as when he's really angry he won't let emotion get in the way of a plan he knows will work. In any case- I'm a major Doctor Who nut, so thanks for that analogy! I should have the new lord up later today.

By the way, the Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe is out Sunday- hurray!

Either one would be cool!

I honestly love David Tennant's character, since he seems like a better companion, but Matt's character would be interesting to go with.

Haha, me too. Glad I could help. :D