helmetless cerberus armor

addictinsane9

If you're not opposed to using the Expanded Galaxy Mod, http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/350/?, I think you can make it happen with that. I'm using some sort of multiplayer armor and the trick, I think, is to use "normal" armor and make the chest piece the armor you want, and I think EGM has them all. Then just make all the other parts "none" and then "no helmet" and you should get the look you want. This is all done in the armor locker after you've purchased the armor, and really early in the game you can pretty much get all the armor for cheap. There's an Alliance ship near the Citadel where you can buy a bunch of stuff.

That said, it's possible that if you use the Cerberus phantom armor on Shepard, save the game, and then using Gibbed you go to the Raw -> Player -> Appearance tab, making the helmet ID 0 "might" work. I haven't tested it though as I am currently using EGM right now.

If you're not opposed to using the Expanded Galaxy Mod, http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/350/?, I think you can make it happen with that. I'm using some sort of multiplayer armor and the trick, I think, is to use "normal" armor and make the chest piece the armor you want, and I think EGM has them all. Then just make all the other parts "none" and then "no helmet" and you should get the look you want. This is all done in the armor locker after you've purchased the armor, and really early in the game you can pretty much get all the armor for cheap. There's an Alliance ship near the Citadel where you can buy a bunch of stuff.

That said, it's possible that if you use the Cerberus phantom armor on Shepard, save the game, and then using Gibbed you go to the Raw -> Player -> Appearance tab, making the helmet ID 0 "might" work. I haven't tested it though as I am currently using EGM right now.

Thank you SO much for the alternate Gibbed option. I'm having a bug right now where, whenever I try to mod ME3, it crashes on startup. Later, when I get home, I'll post the error messages I get (plenty). I can, however, use Gibbed's and modify the Coalesced. Now, in case the Gibbed option sort of corrupts my file, what I should do is modify a "new" save file, instead of overwriting an existing one, right?

The gibbed option didn't work. When using full armor, all individual armor pieces seem to be set at 0, including helmet ID. Full ID of Cerberus Shade Armor is 111. I tried setting helm ID to 1, didn't work. Tried switching the variable of Full armor to Parts, didn't work either.

From what I've been reading, modifying the coalesced seems to be easier, but I've only found codes for full armor pieces, not for having "no helmet".

Edit: I think I've found a way to wear full body armor without helmets, but the post has no code for the cerberus armors you get in the armax arena. Post is here: http://social.bioware.com/2134634/blog/212618/

Could anyone help?

EDIT2: Long ago, some kind soul went through the same ordeal as me, and decided to post a tutorial to save all of us the trouble: https://forum.bioware.com/topic/468865-helmetless-cerberus-phantom-armor-shade-nightmare-spirit-a-how-to-for-dummies-like-me/

Edited by addictinsane9

I snagged it. :smile: EDIT: Probably in history or even a google search cache, but at least there's this /EDIT

So here is my attempt to help those of you new to modding in the hopes that you don't have to spend an hour reading through project comments and a million threads to figure out how the heck to actually get this to work.
1. Make a backup copy of your unadulterated ME3 save files, just in case something goes wrong. See here (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Tweaks_%28Mass_Effect_3%29) if you're having trouble locating your save files. Put this copy on your desktop.
2. We are going to be modifying something called coalesced.bin, which is a file in ME3. To do this, we need to locate the file. For Windows XP/Vista/7, your file should be located here: Computer > C Drive > Program Files > Origin Games > Mass Effect 3 > BIOGame > CookedPCConsole > Coalesced.bin. If you use Windows 8, or some other operating system, sorry. I don't know where Coalesced.bin is located for you. I assume it's in a similar location, but try Googling to figure this out.
3. Once you have found Coalesced.bin, copy it to your desktop, next to your copied save files. If anything goes wrong, now you have a copy of unmodified Coalesced.bin to revert to.
4. Download the ME3 Coalesced Utility. You can find it here (http://wenchy.net/me3coalescedutility/)
5. Open the ME3 Coalesced Utility and go to File > Open. Open Coalesced.bin using the pathway from step 2.
6. Go to biogame.ini > sfxgame > sfxplayercustomization
7. Click on armappearances. You will see a bunch of jibberish lines on the right hand side of the screen. Go to the first empty line and paste: (Id=77,Name=813578,Description=813579,PlotFlag=1, Type=CustomizableType_Arms)
8. Hit delete a few times after you paste this in, to make sure no extra characters were added to the line by mistake.
9. Back on the left hand side of the screen, click on legappearances. Go to the first empty line on the right hand side of the screen and paste: (Id=77,Name=813578,Description=813579,PlotFlag=1, Type=CustomizableType_Legs)
10. Hit delete a few times again to make sure nothing extra was added.
11. Back on the left hand side of the screen, click on shoulderappearances. Go to the first empty line on the right hand side of the screen and paste: (Id=77,Name=813578,Description=813579,PlotFlag=1, Type=CustomizableType_Shoulders)
12. Hit delete a few times again to make sure nothing extra was added.
13. Back on the left hand side of the screen, click on torsoappearances. Here is where things get different.
14. If you want SHADE ARMOR, paste the following into the first empty line on the right side of the screen. I can't get this to fit all on one line here, but it should be all on one line with no spaces when you write it in: (Mesh= (Male="BIOG_HMM_SHP_FBD_R_DLC.FBDj.HMM_SHP_FBDj_NH_MDL", Female="BIOG_HMF_SHP_FBD_R_DLC.FBDj.HMF_SHP_FBDj_NH_MDL"),GameEffects= ("SFXGameContentDLC_EXP_Pack003.SFXGameEffect_UniqueArmor_Phantom"), Id=111,PlotFlag=1, Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Name=813578,Description=813579)
15. If you want NIGHTMARE ARMOR, paste this in instead: (Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_SHP_FBD_R_DLC.FBDj.HMM_SHP_FBDj_NH_MDL", Female="BIOG_HMF_SHP_FBD_R_DLC.FBDj.HMF_SHP_FBDj_NH_MDL"),GameEffects= ("SFXGameContentDLC_EXP_Pack003.SFXGameEffect_UniqueArmor_Phantom_Weapons"), Id=113,PlotFlag=1, Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Name=813580,Description=813581)
16. If you want SPIRIT ARMOR, paste this in instead: (Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_SHP_FBD_R_DLC.FBDj.HMM_SHP_FBDj_NH_MDL", Female="BIOG_HMF_SHP_FBD_R_DLC.FBDj.HMF_SHP_FBDj_NH_MDL"),GameEffects= ("SFXGameContentDLC_EXP_Pack003.SFXGameEffect_UniqueArmor_Phantom_Powers"), Id=115,PlotFlag=1, Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Name=813582,Description=813583)
17. Hit delete a bunch of times again after you paste into the line, to make sure there are no extra characters.
18. Go to File > Save to save your changes.
19. Look back at the lines you just added and make sure they are still there. If they suddenly vanished when you hit save, you did something wrong. This happened to me once and it stopped after I hit delete a bunch of times after pasting all my new stuff over.
20. Close the Coalesced utility and start up the game. Now when you go to your armor locker, you should have the option to select the Shade or Nightmare or Spirit armor as a chest piece. Select this.
21. You should also see an option to select Shade armor in the arm, leg, and shoulder armor slots as well. Select these.
22. Celebrate. Because now you can wear your awesome new armor without hiding your Shepard's ohsosexy face!

• 2 months later...

Piece of advice, you may encounter (as i did) that armor added by following m3deager guide doesn't display any bonuses when you equip it in the armory locker . Don't worry about that, it's display bug, bonuses applies correctly (checked in specter shooting range, compared with legit cerberus spirit armor and any other armor to check cooldowns)

• 5 months later...