SKSE

Lodbrok

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We appreciate all of your support and desire to contribute. However, the Script Extender team cannot accept donations. We work in the software and game industries and accepting payment could compromise our ability to continue working on the project. Plus when we started this whole thing (back with OBSE in 2006) it was not permissible for any modders to accept any money (via donations, patreons, gofundmes or what have you). So the spirit in which we started these projects continues - we make the script extenders to enable better mods to make a better game experience. If you want to give back to the community - go write a mod or support the mod developers directly.

You are an absolutely amazing effing human being. I hope our paths cross one day so I can shake your hand and buy you a beer.

Edited by ronkkrop

Is all this gratitude-giving like some sort of ritual, like when a bunch of sorcerers gather to chant and summon <insert preferred deity here>? (think Potema, for lack of better example)

I really had to say that, lol. But if so, count me in! Thank you SKSE for immortalizing this game! Can't wait!

http://skse.silverlock.org/SKSE64FirstRun.jpg

Progress is being made and we traditionally show an image the first time we get the game hooked and the GetXXXVersion function working properly. I reached that stage last night.

There is obviously still a ton of work to do - but this proves that our basic techniques will be able to accomplish the task.

http://skse.silverlock.org/SKSE64FirstRun.jpg

Progress is being made and we traditionally show an image the first time we get the game hooked and the GetXXXVersion function working properly. I reached that stage last night.

There is obviously still a ton of work to do - but this proves that our basic techniques will be able to accomplish the task.

Awesome to hear!

Is it too soon to tell if modders will be able to just move their old SKSE scripts over to the special edition version, or is that the plan?

Is it too soon to tell if modders will be able to just move their old SKSE scripts over to the special edition version, or is that the plan?

My expectation is that the Papyrus API that SKSE64 provides will be identical to SKSE. I haven't seen any need for changes yet (though it is very early.) However if a mod depends upon plugins - those plugins will still need to be updated. I would hope that plugin authors keep the same Papyrus API - but there are obviously no guarantees.