SKSE

Lodbrok

i have a real question though, will the SKSE64 be able to do more than the 32bit version? will we be able to do more as mod users and as mod creators? or will it be just the same features

From just the SKSE64 perspective there won't initially be any more functionality than available in SKSE. In fact there is a distinct possibility that the initial version of SKSE64 will have less functionality than SKSE-proper. It depends on how much time it takes for us to get things together. As for Special Edition being 64-bit and perhaps having more performance and memory headroom - that is not specifically tied to SKSE64 and I am not an expert to speak on that.

If it is to measure in percentage, what would be the percentage of work done so far, so that the new version is released? 10%, 25%, 0.02%? Thank u for the great job!!!

I'm not going to try and estimate percentages right now. I haven't done a proper accounting of what number of addresses have been found and what number of functions have been completed. That is for a little later in the process. Right now I am just focusing on the work itself.

So I've been meaning to ask, can skse support a jira/issue tracker & become open source for others to help contribute to?

We haven't opened up any sort of issue tracker in the past. We've used the forums and email to collect issue information. Perhaps it is time to change that? We'll see. All of the script extenders provide source so that folks can investigate the code. Unless you are experienced with reverse engineering there is not a ton that can be done to help right at the moment. Having a completely open repository for the code isn't the best plan for the script extenders, given the fairly specialized nature of the work. SO we're going to keep our repository internal and just share the output when we release each build.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From just the SKSE64 perspective there won't initially be any more functionality than available in SKSE. In fact there is a distinct possibility that the initial version of SKSE64 will have less functionality than SKSE-proper. It depends on how much time it takes for us to get things together. As for Special Edition being 64-bit and perhaps having more performance and memory headroom - that is not specifically tied to SKSE64 and I am not an expert to speak on that.

ahh i see, i know that early releases of SKSE64 would be limited and have less functionality than the original one, i just wondered if a fully or at least on par with the 32bit one would been able to have more features.

thanks for the reply <3

thanks for the reply <3

ahh i see, i know that early releases of SKSE64 would be limited and have less functionality than the original one, i just wondered if a fully or at least on par with the 32bit one would been able to have more features.

I should clarify. The first and foremost goal is to ship SKSE64 with full parity to SKSE. Whether that is in the initial release or soon after remains to be seen. It is certainly possible that we'll extend capabilities further. It depends on what we find and what requests we get (or what mods we want to write ourselves)

It is likely that before too much of that goes on we'll head back to F4SE to get more robust scripting functionality implemented there.

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks guys for continuing to devote your time and effort to both Skyrim and Fallout. Without you guys doing what you do, so many mod authors would not be able to do what they do, and then I wouldn't be able to do what I do in game...

BIG FANCY THANKS

The SKSE team said they will make a version for Special Edition, they just didn't give a time frame as to when it'll be released. Most people have speculated that it will be within the first month at the most, but no one knows for sure.

skse team posted Oct 2016 ...no prgress yet...please be patient...blah, blah, blah.. Today it is Dec 2016 and still no progress....so I guess most people should ...speculate...about a different e.t.a. (if ever) ...as it has been said they will not be porting skse to Skyrim S.E. .....ever. (But...if someone else wants to do the work and give skse team the credit.....then they said it would be okay.) Why even release S.E. if the best mods (and we all know modding is a HUGE draw for Skyrim) do not (and probably will never) work with S.E. ?????

The SKSE team said they will make a version for Special Edition, they just didn't give a time frame as to when it'll be released. Most people have speculated that it will be within the first month at the most, but no one knows for sure.

skse team posted Oct 2016 ...no prgress yet...please be patient...blah, blah, blah.. Today it is Dec 2016 and still no progress....so I guess most people should ...speculate...about a different e.t.a. (if ever) ...as it has been said they will not be porting skse to Skyrim S.E. .....ever. (But...if someone else wants to do the work and give skse team the credit.....then they said it would be okay.) Why even release S.E. if the best mods (and we all know modding is a HUGE draw for Skyrim) dio not (and probably will never) work with S.E. ?????
What are you going on about?

Did you even bother to read the comments in this post, Behippo is working on SKSE for S.E. right now.

He even post updates for us. Last one is just two comments above yours.

Oh hey look another one. This thread sure didn't have enough ignorants claiming bulls***.

+1 to that. Never understand why someone will take the time to post like AZrelightsky, when they could have read the update to answer their own question. Sheesh. Too much ignorance like that is a good way to get mod authors to throw up their hands in frustration and just stop. Can't blame a lot of them for doing that already.

So I have a question, since SSE is 64-bit, would the SKSE memory patch for Oldrim even be needed? Or would a fully functioning SKSE64 be able to push the boundries of what the old patch offered. On a related note, do you think ENBoost will be needed?

My new system has 16GB 2400 DDR3 and 8GB GDDR5 RX 480. I want to get the best out of my system. I have a mod idea, though I won't be able to make it as I have no skill in making a mod of this caliber, but I do have the idea fleshed out and will be making a post about it, maybe to inspire another mod creator. I feel like this mod would only work well if we could get SKSE64 running at a level on par or higher than with Oldrim.

So thank you for all of this labor, I know it sucks to work for free sometimes. Nexus Mod Manager SSE version is not working for body replacement meshes & textures. I have downloaded all of the necessary files, everything is running and under administration priv. but still nothing. I have manually downloaded the files and tried to put them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition and can replace the basic .ini files for head, hands, torso, feet etc. However I am unable to manually transfer anything into Skyrim - Textures0.bsa etc, because those files are inaccessible. Did I miss something?