MCM Menu Duplicates

BlueGunk

I have a duplicated entry in my SkyUI MCM menu for Chesko's Wearable Lanterns. The mod originally did not install properly (the MCM pages for it were badly corrupted). But I removed the mod and reinstalled it. Now I have two OK MCM Menu Entries for the mod, and the mod appears to be bugged.

I have not had any joy with my enquiries on the Wearable Lanterns mod page and I so wonder if someone might drop me some hints on how I can remove the duplicated menu (I have tried all the regular ideas like the MCM set stage command setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 ).

I suppose the problem might also be burnt into my save game, but I am OK with cutting out scripts and cleaning saves.

Thank you - no rush.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having this issue and searched google and came across this. Really glad you solved the issue, but how about saying HOW you did? It really bothers me when people are like "Cool I fixed it." without explaining how they went about it. Consider for a minute others may one day have the issue and your explanation would've helped.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having this issue and searched google and came across this. Really glad you solved the issue, but how about saying HOW you did? It really bothers me when people are like "Cool I fixed it." without explaining how they went about it. Consider for a minute others may one day have the issue and your explanation would've helped.

Completely agree. Noticed I have a playthrough with the same issue and wondering what’s the fix for it

• 10 months later...

i still need a fix if anyone found any

Depends on the mod in question.

If it's one you downloaded, obviously check their forum and see if it's a known issue.

If it's a Mod you creating, as in my case, I just fixed the problem I had.

Please note, if it's not your own mod, PROCEED WITH CAUTION, as you will need to be familiar with the mod's scripts and setup.

My culprit ended up being an additional reference to the MCM script in the Quest's updater script. I had 2 separate instances of the script being loaded thus rendering two MCM menu items.

Additional Tips from my experience:

1] BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP#@!

Whether your straight forward modding into the Game Directory [ouch] or using a mod manager [highly recommended], backup everything you intend to touch.

2] Make sure you deactivate/remove any ESPs [in that mod's folder] that your mod doesn't need.

For me, this was older versions I'd been editing in the CK during debugging.

3] Make sure any OLD versions [if any] of the scripts for that mod aren't being pushed to the Game folder.

Be sure to clear them out if they are no longer being used from both ../Scripts and ../Scripts/Source.

I had renamed all my scripts for better tracking in the CK and scripting consistency.

4] Lastly, if you've tried the above and it still a problem...

Make sure to test from a NEW save, in case old references to the MCM script have already been baked in.

TIP 2 is in case the Mod might still be referencing them. Once moved/archived/deleted, you will at least get an error pointing you to the specific problem if your recompiling in the CK.

Hope that shines a little light for you Jordo24.

Let us know.