Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Speaking of Wynne... one of the fixes I plan to implement in the Circle Tower is to disable the ability to change party members in the room you appear in on the 4th level of the tower after leaving the Fade, just before the big boss fight. If you can change the party, you can drop Wynne, and she *has* to be there for the final fight or it breaks all sorts of things. I can only assume that being able to do so was left over from Bioware testing.

I certainly can't think of any logical reason one *should* be able to change party members in that single room out of the entire Circle plot, but if someone else can think of a plausible reason, please share.

Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm finally out of Lothering. I take it Bodahn's dialogue is encrypted somehow? I can't find it. Looking at his creature file, his dialogue is supposed to be "main_rumour_man.dlg", but if you pull that up, it's empty.

I ask only because there's supposed to be a bug when you save him in Lothering where talking to him can cause the game to freeze (this is according to the wiki). Never happened to me, but figured I'd look into it. Doesn't seem I can, though.

Edited by Qwinn

I suspect this one will make lots of people happy:

C21. (v3.0) You will no longer be cut off from Leliana's personal quest if you are in an active romance with her and increase her approval to Adore.

Edited by Qwinn

I think the reason it allows you change party members in that room is because if you take cullin's side she will attack you. It's how I kill her every time.

I suspect this one will make lots of people happy:

C21. (v3.0) You will no longer be cut off from Leliana's personal quest if you are in an active romance with her and increase her approval to Adore.

ABOUT TIME!

Thx Qwinn :cool:

EDIT: Um, never mind. Apparently all those intelligence checks ARE checking against Cunning already, or at least I'm pretty sure they are. The game just calls Cunning "Intelligence" behind the scenes. Duh.

Actually I'm relieved, that would've been a huge amount of work looking for all the cases where it's used to "fix" them.

Edited by Qwinn

C22. (v3.0) Interparty Banters: Restored an amusing bugged banter between Zevran and hardened Leliana.

C23. (v3.0) Fixed a bugged condition in Morrigan's dialogue that blocked a conversation path about love being a delusion which could activate, or cut off, a romance with Morrigan.

Wow, I just discovered something pretty disturbing.

In the Dragon Age Wiki, under Broken Circle, it says this:

Bug! xbox360 If you end your first conversation with Greagoir with "I must think about the right course of action," then talk to him again and end the conversation with "I must give this some consideration," he will not offer any more dialogue choices that allow you to access the tower when you talk to him again. The door will be closed and you will be unable to complete Broken Circle and therefore the game."

Despite it saying it's an Xbox 360 issue, I looked at the dialog file, and I could easily see how it would happen: the line "The Circle cannot be left like this. I will help you." is marked as "Only show line once per game". The dialog path as described above would use up that single use and you couldn't get back into it to agree to help Greagoir.

But when I actually *tried* it in game, I could not duplicate the bug, no matter what I tried. The option always comes up, every time.

On a hunch, I exported the cir200_greagoir.dlg file that the toolset was bringing up, without making any changes to it. And boom. I can duplicate the bug now.

This means the toolset doesn't necessarily pull up the version of the file that is actually operative in game. Since this bug was game breaking, I assume it was dealt with in one of the official patches, but the toolset does not pull up the patched version, it pulls up the original.

Yuck. Did anyone know about this before, and is there any workaround to make the toolset pull up the patched version?

Note that this is the first bug I took care of in my first fixpack that I've encountered in this reimplementation that I couldn't duplicate in the game so far, with the exception of the Stealing bug fix. So I don't think they patched much when it comes to dialogues. But still. YUCK.

Edited by Qwinn

GAH! Okay. This explains everything now. Including why people were saying that my mod breaks the Leliana romance.

The bug I just fixed for my fixpack, about Leliana's personal quest being cut off if you get to Adore, according to the Wiki that bug was fixed in patch 1.02a. But since the toolset brings up the unpatched version, I reintroduced it.

So this means, I have to figure out and duplicate every official patch bugfix that was applied to any file I modify. Blindly. Bleah! If the official patch notes were as detailed as mine, that wouldn't be so bad (the Greagoire fix I mentioned above, for example, was undocumented), but.... Well. I'll just have to go with what they provided in the patch notes, and otherwise just verify the crap out of everything via in game testing.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I *do* get the patch 1.04 version of the script involved in the Stealing bug fix from 1.04 when I pull it up in the toolset. There are significant differences between the file I got in the toolset, and the one I had saved from my previous fixpack. So it may be that the toolset does pull up the current version of scripts, just not dialogues.

Edited by Qwinn

G2: (v3.0) You can no longer render the Circle Tower quest (and therefore the game) unfinishable by being undecided as to whether or not to help Greagoir in your first conversation with him at the base of the tower. (This reimplements a stealth fix from the official Bioware patches.)

G3. (v3.0) "Watchguard of the Reaching": When clicking the statues to complete the ritual, there is no visual or audio cue when you click on them in the correct order, as there is on the PS3 and XBox versions. It does try to play a visual effect on the PC version too, but nothing actually happens. Fixed.

Edited by Qwinn