Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival

• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

BlacksburgNick

BlacksburgNick

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 72 posts
In response to post #54817753. #54826658, #54830583, #54834178 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I was referring to a later post by TheMagician16. I wasn't sure if that post resolved RedDog's issues. Thanks for the clarification.

Cabum

Cabum

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
Hi guys,
So no idea if i am repeating some fix for the meters / MCM menu but i manage to fix mine. Here is what I did
PapyrusUtil SE and SKSE64 required
1. Download Frostfall 3.4.1 from the Old Skyrim nexus mod page
2. Download BSA Unpacker also from Oldrim nexus mod page
3. Create a folder for this UI fix, exp. "Frostfall UI - Oldrim"
3. Unpack Oldrim Frostfall.bsa and move interface folder to the new created folder
4. Find "SkyUI51AddOn" folder in the downloaded Forstfall 3.4.1 from Oldrim nexus mod page, open it, and move interface and SKSE folders to the new created folder.
5. Install after Frostfall 3.4.1SE

MCM and Meter should work, expprot and rainprot are showing in gear. If you dont see the meters, go to MCM config -> Frostfall -> Meters, turn them always on to be sure they are showing. You may need to rearrange them. I recommend to change layout preset to top right.

Edit: Skyui is giving a error because of wrong version, press ok and doesn't show again until next save load
Edit: Ok, so now with the Interface from the bsa file only. Doesnt give any error in Skyui but doesnt show the expprot and rainprot. which has been pointed out by TheMagician16

Edited by Cabum, 30 October 2017 - 11:56 PM.

IIIMuerteIII

IIIMuerteIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
In response to post #54838473.

Spoiler

Sorry for the noob questions but I am quite new to Skyrim SE modding in general and this "do it yourself" mod-error troubleshooting is a whole new world to me. I just really want to get this right.

So if you bother, please answer me following questions:

1.) Your instructions here are fixing the problem that warmth and coverage aren't displayed in the inventory AND that the Frostfall section in the MCM isn't "weird" anymore (with $-Symbols etc.), right?
2.) Before I execute your steps here, I Need SKSE64 (got it already) and PapyrusUtil SE. Having this will solve the problem of coverage and warmth not beeing added up, or in other words: this solves the problem of freezing to death although beeing properly clothed?
3.) I think I understand all your steps except the last one. I am not really sure what you mean by "Install after Frostfall 3.4.1SE". How? With the mod Manager? Again sorry if this is a ridiculous question.

Thanks for yout step by step guide. Was very happy when I saw it.

Edited by IIIMuerteIII, 31 October 2017 - 11:36 AM.

medzzzzz

medzzzzz

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
In response to post #54838473. #54849328 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

@IIIMuerteIII You'll need to archive the SKYUI15Addon, Interface and SKSE Folders, (using 7zip) then install it with your mod manager (NMM)

@Cabum thanks for the guide, however im not quite sure if it worked. No errors pop up, the meter showed up but when i use the "inspect equipment" power my gear shows up as zero. is this supposed to be ignored? (that the coverage and other stuff is set as if you are wearing nothing, but you are definitely getting warmth out of your worn gear?

Lumppytaters

Lumppytaters

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
In response to post #54838473. #54849328, #54854688 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

What are you odds you might put together a brief video for us normal folk? :P

I just find the entire thing hard to follow. I know its a dumb request.

Dracotorre

Dracotorre

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
In response to post #54838473. #54849328, #54854688, #54879543, #54902263, #54920583, #54998583, #55085498, #55134323, #55269958 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

For beginners, remember these unsupported workarounds for SKSE64-alpha and SkyUI are unnecessary such that Frostfall works perfect without SKSE64. That said...

Basically the goal is to identify required SkyUI-support files and place them in same relative position as used in 32-bit Skyrim. These steps assume basic knowledge of modding your game (folder structure and BSA-file), and I'll try to clarify a few points:

step 0: install PapyrusUtil SE.

Cabum's steps 3-4--inside "Frostfall UI" (or whatever you name it) folder, should result in sub-folders like this:

- Data \ interface
- Data \ SKSE \ Plugins \ FrostfallData

The Data level is optional, but helps recognize the goal here. Extract interface folder contents from 32-bit Frostfall.bsa using "BSAManager" or "BSA Browser or "BSAOpt" tools. Copy contents from SkyUI51AddOn folder.

Cabum's step 5-- Zip that folder's contents and add to NMM to install (easier to remove later instead of manually copying to your game's Data folder). For alternate explanation, see comment by TheMagician16 in the thread started by redDog6911 "Papyrus SE is now available..."

More information:

(0): Warmth and coverage work perfectly without SKSE64. The issue is that if Frostfall detects SKSE then Frostfall uses a different method to lookup armor warmth which relies on PapyrusUtil/StorageUtil. The 32-bit StorageUtil doesn't work, so make sure to use 64-bit PapyrusUtil SE.

edit: optional Step 6 for working hotkeys and profiles: Trick Campfire v1.11SE and Frostfall 3.4.1SE by creating an empty plugin (header only) called, "SkyUI.esp" (do not rename SkyUI_SE.esp). Can be made using SSEedit or CK. The reason is that the compatibility script looks for the old SkyUI by name in load to enable some SkyUI functionality. See my post on Campfire SE page for more.

Edited by Dracotorre, 15 December 2017 - 06:39 PM.

gymbeer

gymbeer

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
How is the development of Last Seed going? When will it be up on the Nexus?

BlacksburgNick

BlacksburgNick

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 72 posts
In response to post #54838473. #54849328, #54854688, #54879543, #54882668 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

This method works, however I have three persistent issues:
1. $EXPPROT and $RAINPROT are still showing on the item card. Despite that, I get warmth and coverage numbers there, so that's something.
2. Gear doesn't update well. For instance, if i REPLACE any one piece of gear, the scrolling frostfall update in the upper left hand corner subtracts the old gear's warmth and coverage rating, but fails to add the new rating. The only way I can fix this is to get fully nekkid each time I change out gear. I make sure to do this in full view of townsfolk.
3. Random CTDs. The only mod that I've installed recently is this one, and my CTDs started up with it. These -might- be tied to issue #2 since they happened shortly after i tried swapping gear pieces. I'll play with this more after work tonight.

RedDog6911

RedDog6911

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
In response to post #54838473. #54849328, #54854688, #54879543, #54882668, #54902263 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

In the translations folder rename skyui_english (or whatever language you use) to skyui_se_english. That will change $EXPPROT and $RAINPROT to WARMTH and COVERAGE.

alceryes

alceryes

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Using latest wet and cold, frostfall, and SSE. I don't have Survival Mode installed.
I'm having an issue with the cloaks added by wet and cold not being recognized by frostfall (no warmth or coverage bonus). I don't use winter is coming or cloaks of skyrim.

Is there any way to fix this? Not even sure if it's a frostfall or wet and cold issue.

Page loaded in: 0.728 seconds