Older Mods that work in SE

Xainia

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Bummer. After reading this post and seeing all the mods you "pro" modders are using, I feel like I need to uninstall the 50+ mods I've installed and start over from scratch.

Ugh..I also feel like I need a friggin modding degree to figure out how all of these work together. Smh... :confused:

Damn. Bummer. After reading this post and seeing all the mods you "pro" modders are using, I feel like I need to uninstall the 50+ mods I've installed and start over from scratch.

Ugh..I also feel like I need a friggin modding degree to figure out how all of these work together. Smh... :confused:

Understandable, BUT, if it is working well, it may be best to let it be. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." is often good advice. It is possible that somewhere down the road you suddenly discover it was broke & has messed up all your saves, but that doesn't seem to happen often. Most mod problems are noticeable right away. The suggestions here are only letting us know that some people have found some mods that transpose well & some need to be tweaked a bit. You need not know all the details to benefit from their reports. Take your time & learn new things bit by bit as you come to it. You will be fine.

I make sure to save my new character build right away & keep that as long as I want that character. Sometimes I tweak it a bit for a new character, but it saves a lot of work when I want to start again. That start Save is usually free of any mod problems unless you use an alternative beginning.

Under the circumstances, you are very likely safe to continue playing what appears to be working.

Good luck. ;-)

Understandable, BUT, if it is working well, it may be best to let it be. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." is often good advice. It is possible that somewhere down the road you suddenly discover it was broke & has messed up all your saves, but that doesn't seem to happen often. Most mod problems are noticeable right away. The suggestions here are only letting us know that some people have found some mods that transpose well & some need to be tweaked a bit. You need not know all the details to benefit from their reports. Take your time & learn new things bit by bit as you come to it. You will be fine.

I make sure to save my new character build right away & keep that as long as I want that character. Sometimes I tweak it a bit for a new character, but it saves a lot of work when I want to start again. That start Save is usually free of any mod problems unless you use an alternative beginning.

Under the circumstances, you are very likely safe to continue playing what appears to be working.

Good luck. ;-)

Great advice. Thank you. :)

I just installed a new SSD, so it's actually a good time to start fresh anyway (I wasn't really attached to that character). Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be saving my character as you suggested to avoid that long intro. I think I'll go mod by mod and take my time, since I've already played through the game on more than one console. :laugh: Now, I just want to see what I can make of this game via modding.

• 1 month later...

I actually tested some of the aMidianborn stuff last night and the textures seem to work with little if any issues. Some of the SWF files for menus work as well without needing to be ported.