Older Mods that work in SE

Xainia

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a report that an old version of Bathing Beauties Luxury Suite (V5.1) works out of the box. It has an esm, several esp's, exterior and interior cells, textures, meshes, scripts, voice files, and custom NPCs with facegeoms and (optionally) Apachii hairs. It was packaged with loose files, not bsa's, so that's not a problem. It looks marginally better in SE, but not hugely different to judge from the video and screenshots.

The current version of BBLS (V6.2) certainly won't work, because it requires SKSE and MCM(SkyUI) and because the assets are packed in a bsa.

Edited by OldMansBeard

I have a report that an old version of Bathing Beauties Luxury Suite (V5.1) works out of the box. It has an esm, several esp's, exterior and interior cells, textures, meshes, scripts, voice files, and custom NPCs with facegeoms and (optionally) Apachii hairs. It was packaged with loose files, not bsa's, so that's not a problem. It looks marginally better in SE, but not hugely different to judge from the video and screenshots.

The current version of BBLS (V6.2) certainly won't work, because it requires SKSE and MCM(SkyUI) and because the assets are packed in a bsa.

Really I thought that mod uses Vanilla Papyrus, requiring recompilation to 64bits. Then there's ESM & ESP. Do people just believe any thing online? It hearsay, don't repeated it you only make a fool of yourself.

Really I thought that mod uses Vanilla Papyrus, requiring recompilation to 64bits. Then there's ESM & ESP. Do people just believe any thing online? It hearsay, don't repeated it you only make a fool of yourself.

Sorry to disillusion you, but no, the papyrus scripts did not require recompilation. They just work.

The ESMs and ESPs did not require rebuilding. They just work.

The meshes and textures did not require rebuilding. They just work.

When Bethesda said "most mods will be compatible", they weren't entirely lying.

As this thread is about mods that do work unchanged, this is good news.

But feel free to disbelieve. Here's a video for you to disbelieve: https://youtu.be/3m_BJHrX6g0.

Edited by OldMansBeard

Most custom meshes and textures need to be run through the new CK first, but there are rare exceptions. I've seen conflicting reports about UNP, but your next best bet would be the bijin series, which seem to look even better in SE.

While I'm here, I'd like to update the list of working mods with The Eloquent Reader. It's a very cool mod that gives you a little speech experience every time you read a book you haven't read before.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that More Interesting Loot has not been giving me any issues. This is another gem that I feel deserves more attention.

Edited by akaTelamon

Thanks for the info OldMansBeard

Will definitely try it out.

Do you happen to know if one of the versions for Underground Bathhouse will work?

Has anyone found a rhyme or reason for why some bsa's work and some cause the game to refuse to load?

Case in point, I wanted to try Keira npc http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73583/? (I never tried it before, and I loved the witcher)

That mod above would cause skyrim to not start. Also, gift of akatosh caused a problem, and a couple other mods.

While Apachi hair and SG hair would load fine. For that matter skyrim amulets would also not cause that issue.

Has anyone found a rhyme or reason for why some bsa's work and some cause the game to refuse to load?

Case in point, I wanted to try Keira npc http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73583/? (I never tried it before, and I loved the witcher)

That mod above would cause skyrim to not start. Also, gift of akatosh caused a problem, and a couple other mods.

While Apachi hair and SG hair would load fine. For that matter skyrim amulets would also not cause that issue.

i have this problem too.