Older Mods that work in SE

Xainia

My little contribution on what has worked for me so far:

Beautiful Whiterun (fills Whiterun with trees and other assorted plants - glad this one worked!)

100X your carry weight (another very old mod that I'm glad works - mod does what the title says)

Yes, I know you can do the console command but this mod is always on and never fails.

Going to try more later....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more that worked:

A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads - Don't think I could do without this map remodel !

A Very HAPPY Surprise - a follower mod that I just can NOT live without (even though its an old one):

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul (Downloaded the Ultimate Follower Compatibility Version)

Although with this one I had to "unzip" the file, then using the BSAOPT program, I unzipped the BSA, then put the loose files back into a zip file.

Then manually installed it in the Nexus Mod Manager - and it worked!!!

For those that are looking for a male follower, was happy that Shoe Comes follower works!

Maybe because it was a "stand alone" follower - and did not have a BSA file....??

And finally for today, it appears that Skyrim Better Roads works as well.

Hope this helps make Skyrim SE a bit more enjoyable.

Have fun!

Edited by buttluver

Some more that worked:

A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads - Don't think I could do without this map remodel !

A Very HAPPY Surprise - a follower mod that I just can NOT live without (even though its an old one):

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul (Downloaded the Ultimate Follower Compatibility Version)

Although with this one I had to "unzip" the file, then using the BSAOPT program, I unzipped the BSA, then put the loose files back into a zip file.

For those that are looking for a male follower, was happy that Shoe Comes follower works!

Maybe because it was a "stand alone" follower - and did not have a BSA file....??

Have fun!

UFO doesnt work this end

I have a report that an old version of Bathing Beauties Luxury Suite (V5.1) works out of the box. It has an esm, several esp's, exterior and interior cells, textures, meshes, scripts, voice files, and custom NPCs with facegeoms and (optionally) Apachii hairs. It was packaged with loose files, not bsa's, so that's not a problem. It looks marginally better in SE, but not hugely different to judge from the video and screenshots.

The current version of BBLS (V6.2) certainly won't work, because it requires SKSE and MCM(SkyUI) and because the assets are packed in a bsa.

Thanks for the info OldMansBeard

Will definitely try it out.

Do you happen to know if one of the versions for Underground Bathhouse will work?

If you do try it out, I'm told that Rip88's "Classier" reskin of V5.1 and the Apachii Hair add-on also work out-of-the-box.

I don't know about Underground Bathhouse, but I can only suggest just trying it. The worst that can happen is that it doesn't work and you have to uninstall it again :D

Few I have tested, without problem so far.

Replacement bodies seem fine, don't install BBP or HDT obviously

Armour all seems ok if you stick to non-BBP

Skyrim Bridges

Convenient Bridges

Inns and Taverns

Radun Castle

Armoured Rings

Circlet Replacer for Women

Farmhouse Chimneys

Fences of Skyrim

Heljarchen Farm

Windstad Mine

Lanterns of Skyrim v1.31 the non skse/MCm version

Males of Skyrim

Skyfalls and Skymills (just choose vanilla on waterfalls)

Skyrim Unlimited rings and amulets

Smoking candles

Smoking Torches

True Medieval Tavern music

Unbelievable Grass Two

Updated - there are some water issues with the bridges such as losing the latest features in the area they edit, so they need updating

The People of Skyrim was ok but outside Rorikstead it started doing the coloured vector flashing when standing in one place and looking in one direction.

As it stands Tactical Valtheim has a red warning triangle (missing mesh/texture) type warning walking across the bridge.

Weapons seem to be invisible, the ones I tried. Lanfael and Insanity's Celtic Katana.

Edited by Anya29

Some more that worked:

Have fun!

UFO doesnt work this end

Hmmm.. worked for me and I am by no means an expert in modding.

Did you use the BSAOPT program to open the BSA file?

After you get the loose files you have to delete the BSA file afterwords (sorry didn't mention that)

Then pack the loose files (including the esm file) into a zip or archive file and load it into Nexus Mod Manager.

Let me know if this helps although possibly you have another mod that is interfering???

Few I have tested, without problem so far.

Replacement bodies seem fine, don't install BBP or HDT obviously

Armour all seems ok if you stick to non-BBP

Skyrim Bridges

Convenient Bridges

Inns and Taverns

Radun Castle

Armoured Rings

Circlet Replacer for Women

Farmhouse Chimneys

Fences of Skyrim

Heljarchen Farm

Windstad Mine

Lanterns of Skyrim v1.31 the non skse/MCm version

Males of Skyrim

Skyfalls and Skymills (just choose vanilla on waterfalls)

Skyrim Unlimited rings and amulets

Smoking candles

Smoking Torches

True Medieval Tavern music

Unbelievable Grass Two

The People of Skyrim was ok but outside Rorikstead it started doing the coloured vector flashing when standing in one place and looking in one direction.

As it stands Tactical Valtheim has a red warning triangle (missing mesh/texture) type warning walking across the bridge.

Weapons seem to be invisible, the ones I tried. Lanfael and Insanity's Celtic Katana.

Thanks for the heads up.

Also for reminding me of another mod - Lanterns On the Roads.

I'm using the 50% off in the day version and it seems to be fine.

To OldMansBeard (love the ID ! :smile: )

Wahoo!! Tried out Underground Bathhouse latest version and it worked - with a few little workarounds......

Of course I unzipped the zip file.

Then used BSAOPT to unzip the BSA file that was in the "01 Core" folder.

Afterwords deleted the BSA file (obvious but still important step).

Merged the loose files from the BSA file into the "01 Core" folder.

Then zipped up the whole thing into an archive file.....

Installed the archive file manually via Nexus Mod Manager.

Chose my options that the FOMOD gave.

Loaded it up in Skyrim and - Wallah !!! - it seems to be working flawlessly!

EDIT: Also tried version 3.3.2 of Elysium Estate home mod (one of my faves!)

This mod had a BSA file - did the same thing as the others - used BSAOPT to unpack the file.

Merged the loose files then combined the whole thing (minus the BSA file of course) into a zip file.

Loaded it into NMM and it works.

Older version of Elysium but definitely worth it!

Edited by buttluver

Some more that worked:

Have fun!

UFO doesnt work this end

After you get the loose files you have to delete the BSA file afterwords (sorry didn't mention that)

Then pack the loose files (including the esm file) into a zip or archive file and load it into Nexus Mod Manager.

Let me know if this helps although possibly you have another mod that is interfering???

did it exactly as you did,but menus just dont show up,i have tried a few follower mods and none of them have worked yet.

some stop the game starting,others just leave the follower frozen,

i got too used to skyui ..knew i shouldnt have done that ;)

Some more that worked:

Have fun!

UFO doesnt work this end

did it exactly as you did,but menus just dont show up,i have tried a few follower mods and none of them have worked yet.

i got too used to skyui ..knew i shouldnt have done that :wink:

Extensible Follower Framework v3-5-5 - NO BSA - LOOSE FILES-12933-3-5-5 will work with no errors or messing with files

Some more that worked:

Have fun!

UFO doesnt work this end

i got too used to skyui ..knew i shouldnt have done that :wink:

Hmmmm... there IS a version of SkyUI that actually works in the new system.

I have it working and maybe (just maybe but doubtful ??) it has something to do with the UFO follower mod working??

If you feel up to it, try installing the 2.2 version of SkyUI (guess that version doesn't rely on SKSE)

And if it still doesn't work, at least you will have a somewhat functioning SkyUI system.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help though.