CTD During Character Creation

chibaking

Hello. Just got Skyrim SE installed and through to character creation and it has crashed everytime now, 4 times in total. There doesn't seem to be anything specific that triggers the crash, as I have been in different stages of the creation when it dies.

I know that there used to be fixes for this menu back on the old Skyrim. Have any of those been ported over yet? Anyone else having this issue?

Windows 10 x64

AMD FX-8150

8GB ram

gtx 770

The only mod I have installed is the unofficial patch, which I installed after the first time it crashed.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Even though I was getting about 45-50 fps on ultra settings, I decreased to High and it let me through the creation. I was only able to play about 2 or 3 minutes after that before it CTD again. Dunno what the problem could be. Temps and everything are fine.

Edited by chibaking

I am getting crashes during character creation too. I have no mods installed. I'm also using Windows 10, and I have an fx-6300, an R9 290x 4GB, and 16GB RAM. This is very annoying!!

The game recommended that I play in high quality instead of ultra, but it runs ultra just fine from 45-60fps depending on the area. I guess I will try turning the graphics down to see if it helps any.

Try this fix, this has worked for me and a number of others as well so far.... I haven't had a single crash since and I've been playing now for hours. :smile:

"You need to disable touch keyboard process for windows in task manager to stop the crashes." - Grant Wood

http://thisgengaming...playable-on-pc/

Thank you so much! It makes no sense at all that his is a problem (especially when I don't even have touch devices), but this seems to have fixed my CTD issues. I have played two new characters through to the first town and one a little past, and I haven't had a single crash. Maybe 2-3 hours of gameplay not including the character creation. Also playing back on ultra settings.

Thanks again Questavia! :thumbsup:

I wish that worked, but it doesn't.

I have heard there are some users who haven't had any success with that.. but I'm not one of them I guess. 6+ hours of gameplay tonight with 0 CTD issues. If I restart and have those processes run again, the game is again unplayable :down:

Sorry it hasn't fixed your issues :(

Edited by chibaking

I wish that worked, but it doesn't.

I have heard there are some users who haven't had any success with that.. but I'm not one of them I guess. 6+ hours of gameplay tonight with 0 CTD issues. If I restart and have those processes run again, the game is again unplayable :down:

Sorry it hasn't fixed your issues :sad:

I'm guessing the people whose issues this fixed were playing on laptops. Or at least that's what I've seen alluded to.

I'm guessing the people whose issues this fixed were playing on laptops. Or at least that's what I've seen alluded to.

Nope, it's not a laptop issue just a Windows 8 & 10 issue, I'm running Skyrim on a Windows 10 desktop system I built myself specifically for rendering out video footage and editing massive Photoshop files, it runs the Witcher 3 on ultra settings but I still had the crashing issue too.

Even if you don't have any touch devices the touch & handwriting process still runs in the background because it's built into the windows software so it can be compatible with all manner of devices it's installed on. I'm not 100% sure why but there is apparently a conflict with this process and Skyrim SE, hopefully Bethesda will patch this soon as it's personally driving me crazy too, I also use my PC for graphic design work and I have to keep turning system services on and off so I can either play Skyrim or use my Wacom tablet. :(