CTD During Character Creation

chibaking

this also worked for me. Was able to play for around 10 mins at a time before. Now no problem. Why in the hell wasn't this spotted in playtesting? And what could be causing it?

well if you test it on a system that has that service shut down, there is no issue.

there is no way you can test everything with the gaziilion of options on our pc-systems.

and thats why forums are impootant to help ppl who have issues.

for me the game is ridiculous stable, in over 20 hours play, not one crash. but i am on win 8.1....and staying until this puter dies, hehe

Try this fix, this has worked for me and a number of others as well so far.... I haven't had a single crash since and I've been playing now for hours. :smile:

"You need to disable touch keyboard process for windows in task manager to stop the crashes." - Grant Wood

http://thisgengaming...playable-on-pc/

Is there any other fix I could try? There are not any touch keyboard processes running in task manager for me.

Last time I had these issues, all I had to do was revert to a previous build for Windows 10 and it worked just fine. But the new update will not revert. MS made it permanent. :'( My laptop and sledge hammer are about to go on a blind date. It won't end romantically; it will be very messy.