Game & complete system freeze fix (working so far)

AtomForce

Hey everyone, I had been experiencing game freezes to which CTRL+ALT+DEL wouldn't even work, the only option was a hard reboot. Seemed to happen in cities like Concord, Lexington and especially Boston Common. I chalked it up to the BoS flying around and fighting in the major areas as too much for my rig to handle, but it appears that may or may not be the case. Here's what I did that let me continue for 3 hours so far without any freezes. I realize this may not work for everyone but I wanted to share in the hopes this might help some of you, maybe I can finally contribute something to help instead of asking this time around.

If you use NMM, don't open it yet. Instead open Fallout 4 without NMM so you can access the settings menu.

In the first screen, check windowed and borderless. Then go up to resolution and select whatever your screen resolution is. You really can't tell the difference in this mode, it's just like fullscreen.
Antialiasing mode - OFF Anisotropic Filtering - OFF
Click on advanced, turn OFF godrays, ambient occlusion and weapon debris.
Click ok, then exit.
Now start the game using NMM. Should have less chance of freezing. At least, that's what is working for me right now.

For some reason godrays may switch itself back to LOW, and I'm not sure why that's happening for me, but I was able to do the Freedom Trail quest beginning now where it was nothing but total freeze before.

Hope this helps.