euphoricOG

So a while ago I remember playing Skyrim like I normally would with RealVision ENB enabled and I would get a solid 60 frames per second, with the occasional FPS drop perhaps. I started having this issue though where randomly the frame rate would drop after 5 or 10 minutes into a session and stay around 30 FPS the entire time. It used to only happen after I consumed the soul of a dragon but now it happens all of the time without any interaction at all with a dragon. I've tried re-opening my game but that doesn't work. I can only get rid of the constant 30 FPS if I restart my PC. I've also tried re-installing the game in the past and that doesn't work. I do not have any graphics mods enabled besides the ENB and I'm not sure if the ENB is the problem or if there is something wrong with the game. I'd think that V-sync would have to do with this issue though since the FPS constantly stays around 30 and never goes back to normal. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

If you haven't changed anything at all in the game, my first suggestion would be to reinstall your graphics drivers. I've found that Windows updates sometimes corrupt mine, especially since I "upgraded" to Win10.

Another thing to look at is whether you have something in your graphics control panel (GeForce Experience, MSI Afterburner, etc) that's limiting your framerates on Skyrim