Adapting Female Outfits to Males using Bodyslide/Outfit Studio

DWooT

Alright, this is what I figured out:

For the purpose of the explanation, I'm going to be converting a male only armor mesh to female CBBE.

<Preparations>

Open up bodyslide.

Load a reference. This is the body you're going to want your outfit to fit. Hence, I load CBBE.

Create a new slider. Name it whatever you want. Since I'm converting a male mesh to female, I'll name it "Male to female"

<Creating the reference>

Use the sliders from the reference to get the shape as close as possible to what you're converting it from. (Best load a nif and put to wire mode to make this easier. As per the example, I loaded a male body mesh, and used sliders to get the CBBE body to bulk up)

Click on the pencil icon on the left of the new slider (Male to female). This puts the slider into edit mode. Whatever I edit using brushes now applies only to this slider. Thus, I use brushes to get the shape even closer to the male body shape I loaded.

Once done, click on the pencil again. It will deactivate the editing mode. Your reference mesh should revert to before you started using brushes.

Now, push this new slider all the way to the right. You should end up with a reference mesh as close as possible to the source mesh (male body).

Click on "file", then "make conversion reference". Name it whatever.

Then, "file", "save project as", and name it whatever.

Now, you're ready to convert.

<Converting>

Open bodyslide.

Start a new project, and browse to where you saved your conversion, and select it. Then, load the mesh you want to convert.

Hit "slider", then "conform all".

Now, move the sliders to convert.

This is how I managed to throw something together, following this thread. I hope this works for anyone that needs it.

• 2 months later...

Alright, this is what I figured out:

Thank you so much. I was trying to convert some Skyrim male-only armor mods to a female body and had no clue where to start. I'm not exactly comfortable working with BodySlide or Outfit Studio, and this post helped tremendously in figuring out what to do.