"Data Files" Option missing from Launcher

sparda10

Silly, you don't add the mods at the launcher screen, you must click Play to go into the Main Menu, then open the MODS menu, then press T to open the Load Order menu, then activate your mods from there ;P

Bethesda disabled the Data Files button on one of their Fallout 4 patches and I'm guessing this carried over into the Skyrim SE Launcher.

You'll have to use an external program to edit the load-order or change it from the MODS menu in Skyrim.

- Nexus Mod Manager

- Mod Organizer

- Wrye Bash

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

THE SOLUTION:

Step 1. In the main menu, select 'Mods' (it should you to the mods from bethesda.net, although it won't take you to the actual website.).

Step 2. Once the 'Mods' menu loads, hit 'T' go to 'Load Order' (or click on it at the bottom of the screen).

Step 3. In 'Load Order', scroll down until you find the mod(s) you want to enable.

Step 4. Go on the mod and hit 'Enter' to enable it (or click enable at the bottom the screen).

If you want, follow my Instagram @realsaamabdi.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

so even though LOOT shows them, but no check marks and only says I have 5 active. I also have no Load Mods option on the Launcher. Now I decided to load the game up anyways. On the main screen, you can go to mods. Now this is where you log into Bethesda.net. Now I dont use that, but I did notice that there was another option in there called Mod Order, or something like that. When I go in there, it shows all my esp's and everything as active and with a check mark. I can also confirm, despite LOOT saying they aren't activated, mine however are. I was kinda going off of LOOT not showing them as active. See if that helps you guys and let me know.

ik this is so old butwhere do i paste the mods just in the mods folder?

so even though LOOT shows them, but no check marks and only says I have 5 active. I also have no Load Mods option on the Launcher. Now I decided to load the game up anyways. On the main screen, you can go to mods. Now this is where you log into Bethesda.net. Now I dont use that, but I did notice that there was another option in there called Mod Order, or something like that. When I go in there, it shows all my esp's and everything as active and with a check mark. I can also confirm, despite LOOT saying they aren't activated, mine however are. I was kinda going off of LOOT not showing them as active. See if that helps you guys and let me know.

ik this is so old butwhere do i paste the mods just in the mods folder?

Please don't. This would be a so-called "manual install". It's very difficult to uninstall or change mods if you do it that way. You would have to search and delete files manually one by one... Do yourself a favor and use a mod manager, preferably Vortex or Mod Organizer 2.