My character can't move !

xuisis

Hello ,

I have an issue with my game and mods.

No matter which mod I enable, my character can't move, neither look around. All I can do is press start and quit the game.
It works perfectly without mod.

Thx for any help.

Edit: Turns out that the mod I added by the game (and note by NMM) doesn't trigger the bug.

Edited by xuisis

Turns out the bug disappear when leaving Helgen. The problem probably came from USSEP, but other mods seem to do the same.

Your answer helped me solve my issue, which was the same. Here are some of the mods that I know caused this. I found I only had to disable them, get out of Helgen and into Skyrim and yes the problem was solved.

Okay, I was up longer than I wanted to be, as I wanted to get this figured out.

I had to disable the following Mods to cure this Lock on Keyboard and/or Controller, as my character simply would NOT move in the opening Helgen Story Line.

Please NOTE, DISABLE, do not remove these mods at first, if you too find your character will not move in the opening part of Helgen.

After you leave Helgen, and yes you NEED TO LEAVE THE CAVE.

I am not sure why this is happening - but I did try each and every mod, 1 at a time, or in the case of Frostfall - the Camping Mod as well, since they are co-dependent on each other.

The following Mods can cause the game to LOCK your ability to move your character after the chopping block scene.

AGAIN - ONLY DISABLE:

* Campfire Mod
* Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
* Apocalyypse Magic of Skyrim ( all )
* iNeed
* Wet N Cold
* Frostfall
* Open Cities
* Cutting Room Floor
* Better Quest Objectives
* Another Sorting Mod
* YOT (all) -- Your Own Thoughts Mod
* Acquisitive Soul Gems
* Well Stocked Alchemist
Understand that there could be other mods that could have a cause/effect on your game locking in Helgen. These are just the mods that I have that I found did this to my game.
After you leave Helgen you can re-activate these mods and the game will work just fine. Again I am not sure why this happened / happens ... but at least it's not a " do or die ". It is just a short term annoyance.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Next time try "enableplayercontrols" in the console. This works if a script is causing it. It dose not work if it is caused by a interupted animation.

If you are using lots of script mods, it is best to use Alternative Start

Later

• 2 years later...

Hi

Next time try "enableplayercontrols" in the console. This works if a script is causing it. It dose not work if it is caused by a interupted animation...

What do you do for interrupted animations?

• 1 year later...