Fix The Lights, Please! Let Me Brighten My Settlement!

NeuroticPixels

There are several lights in the vanilla lights category in the workshop that don't properly illuminate for some/most people. (See attached screenshot.)

There was ONE mod created to fix the hanging lightbulb... http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8709/? ... and maybe a couple to fix the spotlight, but I believe that's another issue.

I have this problem with at least 5 of the lights. They appear to be lit, but don't give off any light. I've tried several lighting mods that are supposed to make lights brighter... nothing has worked. This is one nasty bug.

If anyone could please take this project on, I'd be eternally grateful, as I'm sure so many other people would be, too!

If you also have this issue, are willing to work on creating a mod/patch/fix for this, or find a mod that already fixes this (that I've somehow missed?!), please comment and let me know! I know there's SO many players out there with this problem. I've seen it all over forums. :down:

Thank you!

Edited by amber1019

It's come to my attention that using the console command "fw 2b52a" causes the lights to work again. (In case that helps anyone out with a fix.) Of course, the console command doesn't last long, so we still need a real fix.

I used to have that problem with over half the lights in the menu and even the gas/fire lights. I had tried all the light fix mods, brighter light mods, etc. with no luck.

Now I only use http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7657/? and haven't had any light problems at all, not to mention cut way down on active esp's.

I'm not saying this will work for you as good as it did for me, but it's something you might try. ;)

@Vormina -- Thank you for your suggestion. I actually found a mod called Clear Weather Only that uses a script to force weather "2b52a"/Commonwealthclear whenever it detects a weather change. I was getting really tired of the weather changing every 5-10 minutes anyway. It got pretty old for me after 600+ hours of playtime. I like to be able to see at all times. Haha

@NCRForever -- Thank you also for your suggestions. I do use Brighter Settlement Lights. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the issue. There's other people complaining on that mod's posts page as well. I'm not real sure how Legendary Lamps would help my issue, unless you were just recommending it in hopes that it'd help me see. lol. I actually use the mod "Longer Pip-Boy Light Distance" and use the so called "cheat" version that increases the light 3x. It gives off tons and tons of light. Not only do I not like anything but clear weather anymore, I also don't like nighttime. Haha

But really, this issue seems fixable. It's just the matter of a modder caring enough to take care of it, because God knows that Bethesda isn't going to do a damn thing.