Access to path denied. Nexus Mod Manager.

TheCoIRe

I've been trying to install Immersive Jewelry for the past hour and the installation process always stops at 79%. Before, it asks me for permission to override parts of the data that was added from the other required mods, but no matter whether I say Yes or No, the download always stops after. Then, it says 'An error occured during install: Access to the path 'H:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache\cache\Immersive Jewelry 1.04-64283-1-04\Data\fomod\info.xml' is denied. The mod was not installed.'

This happened several times, also with other mods, but those would install after retrying a couple of times. But Immersive Jewelry doesn't.

Help?

Open your NMM folder. Delete all files associated with Immersive Jewelry. Redownload and try again. Sometimes with a failed install the partial install blocks any further attempts. NMM does not always remove every file from a mod when it uninstalls which can block a re-installation.

After reading this topic I was able to solve this issue. It is the anti-virus software causing this issue. I have McAfee and disabling real time scanning allowed my mods to install. So disable you anti-virus program and mods should install correctly. Also had this issue with Fallout 3 mods and X-Com mods.

• 4 weeks later...

Found a fix

1.Unzip file

2.Download TakeOwnershipEx run and install

3.right click file runTakeOwnershipEx

4.Use z7 add to archive compress to ultra and zip

5 reinstall the new zipped file

Thanks dude for the avira tip totally worked for me you saved my skyrim experience thx cheers ;-)

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with the newest version of NMM. Nothing I did worked, from giving admin permission to disabling my antivirus, nothing.

So I had to roll back to an older version of NMM and it's working again. Don't know how helpful this is but something to think about

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've just found a way around the access denied bollocks thats been ruining my life for ages now and thought i'd share it.

First thing i did was got onto the hidden administrator profile on the computer. Heres a link to guide you through that process.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/administrator-permissions/788cd443-e5ab-4792-b730-a240355d642a

Then i restarted and logged on qith this account. (Administrator). There you have all programs installed on your normal account. However they will need activating. I use NMM so when initializing it and it asks for root folders make sure you link it to the ones already installed.

From there continue installing mods in what seems like god mode. Then either continue playing in god mode (Administrator) or go back to the normal account.

Hope this helps just thought i'd share it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...