Various Nexus related things from the Skyrim SE launch aftermath

Dark0ne

In response to post #44155020. #44175425, #44187450 are all replies on the same post.

Zhinzhaw wrote: Now I see a lot of "You can still manually download so stop whining" on here. Yea thats all fine and dandy unless, ya know..... you CAN'T download manually. Honestly out of the 10 or so mods I have been trying to download this week, only 5 of them even started and only 2 actually completed. That was with using the mod manager, giving up, and attempting to download manually. Its not my down/up speeds because I can still face chat on skype perfectly fine with a youtube video loading in the background and pandora playing at the same time. Guess I'll use some other things to get the job done until the site is back to normal because this is just ridiculous.
nahuelst wrote: A pause while arranging or not this disaster. Play Dishonored 2.
Vokuun wrote: Either you can't download manually, or it's a complex mod that doesn't have instructions or support for manual installation. I don't want to break my Skyrim too.

@Vokuun
You can still use the manager to INSTALL the mod, you just have to download the file manually and drag it into the mod manager.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
In response to post #44139855. #44175755, #44180610, #44180700, #44187580, #44227890, #44253440, #44253550 are all replies on the same post.

AngryGrampa99 wrote:

BOYCOTT SKYRIM SE!!! DEATH TO BETHESDA!!!

nahuelst wrote: True, if you thought a little, we are only in this mess because of the consoles. Bethesda Nexus pays for this ridiculous and unnecessary movement?
Google translator

Cierto, si pensaramos un poco, solamente estamos con este desastre por culpa de las consolas. Bethesda le paga a Nexus para este ridícula e innecesario movimiento?
Castironwolf wrote: Gramps, my favorite game of all time is from Bethesda. Even so, how is this Bethesda's fault? They are a company that wants to make money and just happen to be pretty awesome at making awesome games.
Maybe you should cry death (I mean figuratively) to whiners.
Castironwolf wrote: nahueist, perhaps a little education would help you a great deal if you would just stop and realize that the console peeps don't access the nexus.... I mean they can't they are on consoles.
Vokuun wrote: Castironwolf, what about the entire thing about having mod support for consoles? And the entire above article describing a new portion of the site dedicated to Nexus support for mods on console?
nahuelst wrote: Skyrim SE is just a mercantile move. There is new new nothing under the sun, but we are getting paid kit creation console. Ridiculous.

Google tranlate
Castironwolf wrote: Vokunn, my bad I totally didn't see that in the article by the Dark One at all, I must have gone blind by reading about how NMM is just for PCs (some crazy mac users too) but not where NMM is now for consoles because somehow PC software now works on consoles. Gosh I am such an idiot for not reading the article more carefully. Thanks for pointing out how console users are now able to use the nexus to download mods to their consoles.... let me reread the article aloud to myself to see where I missed that the nexus now supports console mods......hmmmm I don't see it.
maybe I am just blind.

Castironwolf wrote: nahueist, Skyrim SE might just be a marketing move for pc users, but if you play on the xbox or ps4 it means that you can now play skyrim with mods... I know that this sounds crazy but it still doesn't really concern the Nexus. Skyrim SE may end up being a better replacement/upgrade for pc endusers I mean since the new creation kit is made specifically for skyrim se not regular skyrim (which has it's own) Bethesda is actually doing a reasonable job of ensuring longevity by doing this for it's fanbase.

why? Anyone who owned the original copy of skyrim on PC got SE for free... I mean, there's nothing to boycott there...

If I have a mod for the original Skyrim Nexus, can I reupload it on The Skyrim Special Edition Nexus or do I have to recreate it using a new set of tools? Or can people download my mod from the original Skyrim Nexus and use it in the special edition? Edited by DemonLord7654