How to pack Skyrim SE mods

From what I understood and feel free to correct this procedure if you feel its wrong.

• The Archive tool in the tools should not be used.( doesn't convert )
  • The archive tool in the CK is not able to pick all the items in a mod
  • The CK inner packer is the one to be used , the other in loose folder is not featuring conversion and is not sugested to be used.
Â
  • Pick all the loose files of the mod and drop into the Data folder ( the loose files are needed and shoudl be used from the CK to load the mod )
  • load the esp and save ( this generates possible extra content that might bee needed like facetint files and facegen )
  • login to Bethnet
  • Select create archive and pick windows
  • delete all the listed items
  • go into each folder of your mod and drag and drop the loose files ( not the folders ) into the window
  • proceede to do this for each single file needed for the mod, the paths will be automatically setup in the archiver list
  • once finished loading all the needed files into the list export that list as archive file to be used later .
  • pack the files for pc and it will ask two saves , one for normal BSA and one for Textures BSA that will be converted and compressed ( here is the big difference with the other external archive tool in theloose folders)
  • save the bsa file just like the name of your esp and the textures one like "yourmodname - Textures.bsa" this will pack the files and allow to be uploaded for pc
  • Now create new archive , delete the files in the list and import the archive list exported at point 7
  • pack the files for xbox , but save those inside the subfolder of data called "XB1" and not simply in the data folder
  • save as naming at point 10
  • now save and close
  • in the creation kit ini, set under [Archive] at the line SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim add the line "Mymod.bsa, Mymod - Textures.bsa" of course renaming to your mod name.
  • delete the loose folders
  • load the CK again checking that the files are correctly loaded by using simply the bsa of the pc version
  • login to bethnet
  • upload for PC , follow the procedure create a mod name and description overwrite files if you created a mod in precedence and you are updating its content.
  • repeat procedure at 19 for console.
Â

Note that the new texture pack will be considerably smaller than the original file size, for example my Conan hyborian age file size was over 700 mb in original bsa from skyrim , now its like 300 mb, I checked that unpacking it opens into over 600 mb so seems to be correct.

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to see something on this topic, just got the new CK last night and could not figure out how to convert mods yet.

I will give your tutorial a go later, but I am wondering about step 12. I am only interested in converting mods for PC, are you saying that I need to save the file for xbox first regardless?

This process may sound more cumbersome than it actually is, but basically there is no way to convert a mod without going through Bethnet?

Also I could not work on this last night for long after installing the CK, but I could not get a mod to even load in the CK; the mod in question is dependent on two DLCs and I got an error message that multiple masters cannot be loaded, so I take it that I have to add that line in the CK ini just as I had to in the old one and I hope that is all from preventing me to load up my mod, or is there anything else that could prevent any data from showing up in the CK?

Thanks for any additional pointers,

You trying to upload the creation kit beta and send it to me, I have s*** ton of mods I need to test, but no reply to the beta request it's been 2 days lol

The gray face bug is now fixed when you save with the new ck , but for PS4 I don't know because you are not allowed to load any asset up .

I'm converting (trying to) an armor mod from normal to SE and I always get red shape with white exclamation point when I equip the item in game. The archive contains everything from the original .bsa repackaged through the new creation kit. Do I have to modify the graphic files or something?