GECK assert error (line 1996)

erei

LOL Fose is not a cheat tool ... oy ~ veh.

FOSE : stands for "Fall Out Script Extender"

NVSE : stands for "New Vegas Script Extender"

NVSE adds all the same functions that FOSE did ... and then some more.

A script extender just gives the machine more vocabulary it understands. (more functions)

I know. Windows live doesn't. FOSE behave rather similarly to a cheat tool for Windows live.

From FOSE page :

FOSE is incompatible with Windows Live, so when running via fose_loader.exe, Live will be disabled. As Live operates as a cheat-detection tool similar to Punkbuster or VAC, FOSE's in-memory modifications are inherently incompatible.

Maybe it's related to that, maybe not.

Edited by erei

LOL Fose is not a cheat tool ... oy ~ veh.

FOSE : stands for "Fall Out Script Extender"

NVSE : stands for "New Vegas Script Extender"

NVSE adds all the same functions that FOSE did ... and then some more.

A script extender just gives the machine more vocabulary it understands. (more functions)

I know. Windows live doesn't. FOSE behave rather similarly to a cheat tool for Windows live.

From FOSE page :

FOSE is incompatible with Windows Live, so when running via fose_loader.exe, Live will be disabled. As Live operates as a cheat-detection tool similar to Punkbuster or VAC, FOSE's in-memory modifications are inherently incompatible.

Maybe it's related to that, maybe not.

With windows live for acheivment tracking , anything outside the vanilla main file and official DLC would be considered a cheat tool. I guess they were able to disable the console also ?

But technically Fose does nothing towards cheating directly. A file utilizing a fose function has to be created in geck , then someone could load that plugin after launching their game through fose , to then do something like ...

SCN MyExplodingHeadScript

Ref Victim

Begin GameMode

If IsControlPressed 7 == 1 ; this is a function only available with Fose

Set Victim to Player.getcombatTarget

Victim.KillActor CG01DadRef 1

endif

End

Edited by Mktavish