7.1 surrond sound audio issues

dylzolo

My skyrim audio seems to be bugged and incredibly echoed while using 7.1 surround sound on my rig500e headset. I was wondering if it has anything to do with the audio files being bugged or not set up correctly. I have no Issue with FO4 or any other titles just this one which is forcing me to use my stereo speakers in order to have a decent experience. Anyone having similar issues?

*UPDATE*

For my headset and I'd assume 7.1 or even 5.1 surround sound headsets you can fix any audio echo, quieting or abnormalities by:

Selecting your device > properties > Effects > Disable Dolby Pro Logic IIx

virtual surround may also cause issues. Hope this helps

Edited by dylzolo

Im using rig500hd, not having incredibly echoed sound but i'm not quite 100% satisfied. 7.1 mode has been better than stereo though.

Did you manage to install their shitty driver? Windows gave a generic one but I manually got the inf installed

Just to update this one, Beth have decided they will release an update after it was discovered they are using an aggressive new compression format for the audio. Well the format is not new itself (xwm) but it has nothing on the original wav files.

Make sure that you check any sound mixer's other than your windows sound mixer. That is what I ran into with Windows 10 and Nvidia's sound mixer, which made my game sound like I was in a box going 100 miles and hour in the back of a pick up. It was a matter of resetting the mixer settings for my N'vidia sound panel. Hope this helps !