SSE Graphics Issues

DeathStroketheTerminator7

I'm having two issues with SSE that make the game unplayable.

1. Firstly, I'm having an image retention issue with the game where certain elements of the game such as menus, the cursor, and the steam overlay stay rendered on the screen when they shouldn't. The cursor leaves a blurred trail behind it when you move the mouse that doesn't disappear until you either start a new file or load a save.
  2. Then when the Helgen cart sequence begins, the screen never loads and renders the in-game world. All that can be seen is a black screen and certain UI items like the compass and stamina bar, however they also have the aforementioned retention issue.

If anybody has any insights or has dealt with a similar issue the help will be much appreciated. I've tried re-downloading the game, checking the integrity of the game cache and updating my driver software. I've Included three screenshots of the issues.

Edited by DeathStroketheTerminator7

im having this happen also sadly enough its also for me not able to deside what screen ratio it wants so it has double per say and then it causes this. also ingame it studders very badly when i can get it to work..

So possibly resolution bug? Try to disable in game vsync via ini files, change Ipresentinterval to 0. Maybe even try borderless mode?

So possibly resolution bug? Try to disable in game vsync via ini files, change Ipresentinterval to 0. Maybe even try borderless mode?

Well borderless and windowed modes being on or off in any combination didn't change anything. I also don't seem to have an Ipresentinteral value in any of my skyrim.ini files to change in the first place.

Also, you had asked what my gfx card was and what driver earlier, I've got an AMD Radeon 6600m & 6700m series chipset in my laptop. I went to the AMD site and ran their driver search software which prompted me to update with their suggested and most current driver. I don't remember the specific driver information. I know it's not exactly a very good gfx set up by today's standards, but it still runs newer games, for example I can run Overwatch just fine, it's a bit pixilated, but it runs. I'm rather perturbed by this graphic issue because it's the first time I've ever come across this in any game. I really appreciate your efforts to help resolve this by the way.

it ivsyncpresentinterval found at the end oft he display category

Which .ini file specifically? skyrimprefs.ini, one of the image quality files (low, medium, high, ultra) or skyrim_default.ini. I'm unable to find that line in any of my ini files.

Also on a separate note, if you have tried this change, did changing this have any effect on the error for you?

Edited by DeathStroketheTerminator7

Ah i forgot they updated the name of that setting, sorry mate. Check in both.

I worry for laptop series cards because they often have dramas with CPU gfx, which a lot come with. Damn intel trying to get into the GPU market....

My brother has my old 7970 Lightning, he had some issues with frame rate and display, first due to in game vsync so we disabled that and got borderless and then because of screensaver believe it or not. So power settings might have some sway with these AMD cards. Atm we are trying to work out why he has extremely long load screens at start of game, I can boot and load into game in 10sec, his initial boot takes up to 3 minutes thus far