Deleting with Fo3 Edit

Mktavish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF you do not have dev tools for modifying software that had used it in developments of games materials, you will continue to have problems unexplained and in outer-spaced issues take place.

Locate and download from the Fo3 web pages here Fo3utility install just the *.jar 1.8 file into the games data directory so you can set anything you build with xedits software back to a loadable files format into the GECK, you will run across this issue of not loading files, this is why.

Thanks for coming and giving some input ... but ,Wow lots of stuff there that went over my head. How about we start with you looking at my file.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/22319/?

This is the base file I would like to build the next version from , instead of having to start over from scratch.

Because as you can see it was a lot of tedious work to size and position all those pieces together.

And unfortunately the first thing I did when making this file , was delete the ranch destroyed house and those 2 boarded up peices. Maybe one of those utility poles I think also. Can't remember what F03edit was showing last time I looked.

But anyways , I've done a test run where I select all of my peices , picking the house up and moving it to the location just west of this one up on the cliff. After moving the ruined house that was there first though.

Then I took Fo3edit and deleted the yellow highlighted reference entries , plus the navmeshes.

And as far as I can tell it put the ranch destroyed back like it was with vanilla ... also the navmesh returned to vanilla.

But I'm going to do another run with it , where I shape the land more suitable at the new location. Then follow the same procedure.

What you think ?

This is what happens when some one provides me with incorrect information, unknowingly or not.

Bad_info_given.jpg

Because as you can see it was a lot of tedious work to size and position all those pieces together.

yes, a lot of work, and you have a trigger going right thru the middle of it too.

I posted a shot showing a white giant sphere, that is a map marker and a trigger.

If this mod is not loaded last, it will get overwritten by other mods, they will just pile on.

where I shape the land more suitable at the new location.

picnic table in that spot from you is what I would need to view.

xedit found missing assets too.

Applying script...

LIST OF MISSING ASSET FILES:

meshes\scol\scolzz.nif <-- SCOLZz [sCOL:010230A3] \ SCOL \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

meshes\scol\scolzzwcellhousemetpatch01.nif <-- SCOLZzWcellHouseMetPatch01 [sCOL:01013858] \ SCOL \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

meshes\clutter\junk\gunpowdercan.nif <-- ZzHouseFireSwitch "Matches" [ACTI:010145BC] \ ACTI \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

[Apply Script done] Processed Records: 445, Elapsed Time: 00:03

you should not have any data at all except your data in that games data folder. It will pick up code for items and may not package them.

IF you wish, for testing purposes here, I can convert this plugin to a master file in full and send it to you for inspection.??

but if you intend to rebuild, I would waste time doing that.

I use the buggy versions that do buggy things becasue UI use the bugs them selves to uncover things you might not consider, then once found, I use what you see in some screening posted, but 3.0.21 is what we use. or 3.0.31

Ok so I need to use one of those other versions of Fo3edit ... would you recommend one over the other for what I'm specifically going to do with it?

This is what happens when some one provides me with incorrect information, unknowingly or not.

Bad_info_given.jpg

Huh ??? not sure what you're pointing out there ... but looks like you have a file of yours loaded with mine ?

yes, a lot of work, and you have a trigger going right thru the middle of it too.

I posted a shot showing a white giant sphere, that is a map marker and a trigger.

If this mod is not loaded last, it will get overwritten by other mods, they will just pile on.

Yes there is the discovery location of springvale school in this file running half way through my house at that location. But my aim is to restore that spot to vanilla , then place my new house just west of it up on the cliff.

where I shape the land more suitable at the new location.

picnic table in that spot from you is what I would need to view.

xedit found missing assets too.

Spoiler

Are you needing the file to show some info specific to my computer ? Or you just need the specific location pointed out ?
Because the new location is actually in the same cell "Wasteland (-2,-2)" Just west of it about 2 1/2 house lengths away up on the cliff. It is the spot that "HouseRuined" static object sits on. And my house is built based on the "HouseRuined02"
So imagine swapping "HouseRuined" with "HouseRuined02" which there is one sitting just south of it on that cliff.
Which is what I'm going to do at the new location. Except I'm going to be using my SCOL of the "HouseRuined02"
So what I will be doing is just stacking the "HouseRuined" On top of "HouseRuined02" so as not to delete either one.
However I will be disableing them later in my Farm building project addition ... but that is for a later question.
So if you look at the piece of land that I want to use for the new house. (next to the big tree) You can see it sits rather high , therefore placing my house there , and keeping the bushes from showing through the floor. I feel the house has to sit to high. So I've done a test were I lower that piece of ground , and it looks like the grass/bush random generation follows it , so looks like that won't be a problem (maybe ???) Have to redo the navmesh of course.
Also one question to add. There are some items, markers just west of that new location ... looks to be for later vanilla questline with when the Enclave have drop off spots with vertibirds. So I would like to move about 3 of those things just slightly more to the west. The LeveledNPC spawn marker , and then the Xmarker heading ... plus that initially disabled pile of BunkerWall peices .
Because in that depression of ground , I wanted to drop in some placeable water for a small pond on the future farm build project. Not deep enough to have actors switch to swim animation though.
Do you see any problems with that ?
Edited by Mktavish