Just a 32b in a 64b game. What else?

spider67

What is new in this game!

I m not a modder but a mod user. I though with all the mod we use now that bethesda had the good idea to incorporate the best of them in his game but it was a dream.

I played Skyrim from the beginning and my game now is nicer than SE.

The only difference is the 64b .

It will be a difference if they used the entire experiency of the modder that made all we (players) we need.

I had a dream, only a dream :sad:

The advantage of a 64bit .exe is massively increased stability. 32bit Skyrim can only use up to 4gb of RAM. So when your game is heavily modded the game has keep swapping textures, meshes etc, in and out of the RAM to keep up. A 64bit .exe can use much much more than 4gb RAM and can load everything it needs in one sitting.

Over time as the mod support continues to grow, and things like SKSE and ENB become available, you'll start to see old favourites like SkyUI and SkyRe ported over, plus maybe even more ambitious heavy duty mods that simply wouldn't be possible on 32bit Skyrim.

It's early days, but the future looks rosy.

unfortunately without enb support SSE will never look better than Skyrim 32bit.. Â Unless someone comes up with something better.. and it sure and heck won't be reshade..

Â

On the other hand as already mentioned above, 64bit will perform much better..Â

Boris has already committed to an SSE ENB, but like FO4, SSE needs less help than it's predecessor while at the same time limiting what Boris can do.

Be patient, SSE isn't even a week old. Besides, Beth won't release another TES game until 2019 at the earliest. Plenty of time for SSE mod development.

unfortunately without enb support SSE will never look better than Skyrim 32bit.. Â Unless someone comes up with something better.. and it sure and heck won't be reshade..

Â

On the other hand as already mentioned above, 64bit will perform much better..Â

Boris has already committed to an SSE ENB, but like FO4, SSE needs less help than it's predecessor while at the same time limiting what Boris can do.

Be patient, SSE isn't even a week old. Besides, Beth won't release another TES game until 2019 at the earliest. Plenty of time for SSE mod development.

I'm being patient.. but I sure do miss all those awesome ENB presets on the 32bit site..

I have to say, I'm really satisfied with vanilla lighting + lighting mod + reshade. ENB seems like a (mostly) unnecessary performance hit, honestly. Maybe if you have a monster GPU, 980/1080 or something. Vanilla "original" skyrim I HAD to use ENB or SweetFX etc, but I don't have the same urge. And it's very well optimized too.

The only difference is the 64b .

That's a huge difference though. Just as an experiment, I loaded my SE with EFF and as many follower mods as I could get working, just to see how it ran. I'm currently at 23 followers and not a single stutter or hiccup. Even going through a load door is still only a 5-7 second wait. When I tried this stunt in my original game, I was stuck at 5 fps if I was lucky, and 2-3 minutes per load screen.

Now, I don't intend to actually play the game this way, but you see my point. Lots more headroom to work with now. As someone pointed out in another thread, Apollodown could make his CWO truly epic now :laugh:

ENB doesn't suck, it's just a more integrated way of editing the graphical features of Skyrim like changing the color of the sky at a curtain point in time or changing the direct color of the sunlight. Reshade can't do that. Reshade is a stack of overlayed effects that use some G-Buffer channels to produce some of it's features, but its existence is totally justified. Right now I'm rocking a Reshade preset and it looks beautiful for a 2011 game with added volumetrics and screenspace reflections.

Edited by Sebviz