Ceratin mods not installing files

marshy1122

Whenever I have used the mod manager recently in Fallout 4 and In skyrim I find that the Modmanager works perfectly installing mods, giving me all the options to select, showing clashes and everything. (I use Skse and everything etc I understand clashes and crash events well enough to get by) However, when I check certain files in Skyrim's main folder the mods seem to have installed the title folders but have NO actual files in them. So for apachii hair in Skyrim the files are in the right place but when you actually open the files, the textures aren't there, its empty as if it is holding them back..... very confused.

The only fix I've found is to use the manual download and install the files into the sub-folders manually (Takes a long time to do).

Hoping someone will be able to enlighten me as to why this happens.

Background info:

I have saved all my mods on a separate drive (A:) (Along with the game itself) as my main drive is a 120gb SSD (C:) so I cannot afford to clutter it. Thinking this is likely the problem, trying to get around security issues. The rest of my PC is fully functional with a powerful graphics card and up to date programs (Most recent NMM update etc). This issue started when I chose to do a clean up recently and reinstalled everything. It didn't happen at all the first time only seems to dislike it after a reset....

Sorry for the long post, attempting to avoid basic questions, any help is appreciated! HELP!!!!

UPDATE: Running the NMM as admin seems to have fixed most of the problems, after sitting back for 10 mins I figured Id try admin it seems to be the only possible issue and it looks to have worked. Still the odd error but I should be able to tidy it up!