Dark Glossy Snow at Night

Eupraxia

• 4 months later...

im new to all of this modding stuff, and i think im having a similar problem?? i cant seem to find anyone else with the problem or at least find an image of someone having the issue. some of my rock textures look really sparkly and almost slimy because of it. they also look really dark or almost greyed/blacked out. idk if its a problem with my mods or if its some option in my mods that i didnt know i hated. ( i also have no idea how to add screenshots of my stuff properly..) my screenshots of the rocks looking shiny are too big to upload? just ask for my load order and/or mod list if you need to to help i guess.

You can use a third party site, like imgur, to upload a screenshot and post it on the forums.

Shiny snow or other landscape features in SSE is usually the result of using Oldrim landscape textures that haven't been ported properly. Be sure that you're using landscape textures designed to work with SSE. If using Noble Skyrim, be sure that you're using the SSE version that is available on the Oldrim page.

But a screenshot would help, yes.

Edited by nightscrawl

Well I've added and deleted mods since then and used a helpful guide I found on reddit, still not sure if everything's correct in my load order or how I installed it. So far I don't think I have any issues, I was only using sse versions of any mods I have and I was using Nordic snow. I got rid of Nordic snow and am using Fluffy Snow with Better Dynamic Snow.(I'll post a screen shot of the rocks when I'm able, just in case I have the issue again)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hate to necro an old post but if for whatever reason you do wanna use the improved snow shaders, (maybe a mod requires it for whatever reason) i did find another solution. In the skyrim.ini if you either reduce or set the value to 0 of the "snow rim lighting" option that fixes the issue as well. why they thought snow needed rim lighting is beyond me