Mod Organizer conflicting with Skyrim: Special Edition and Nexus Mod Manager

Fallonite100

Hello,

I want to download mods for Skyrim Special Edition. However, when i click install with manager on the Nexus website, MO opens and says that I can't install mods on this game. I can't seem to set an exception for it either.

My question is, how do I set Skyrim Special Edition's handler to NMM and keep my current Oblivion and Skyrim (2011) MO installations the way they are?

Final note, I can still install mods from Bethesda.net in-game, but I prefer not to, as there isn't much control and the selection is quite limited compared to the Nexus site.

Thanks in advance!

Have NMM rescan your games. When it is done, click the red "x" next to Skyrim and Oblivion (you may have to click twice for it to take), and select the green check mark for SSE only. After that, NMM should recognize SSE, and only SSE. You may have to go into MO and reset it to be the default for d/l mods again as well.

Same Problem here, I added skirimspecialedition to the nxmhandler.exe and re-scanned nexus mod manager and still wont work. A couple days ago I downloaded several mods but now I cant download nothing from Skyrim SE, I can download Fallout 4 mods to NMM and skyrim mods to MO no problem. The only change was the NMM update. ?????

Edit: I even removed mod organizer from skyrim, re-scanned games in NMM and when I hit download it still doesn't work. so this isn't an MO problem This is the nexus screwed up

Edited by jshelp13

I had the same problem. When you go to NMM and settings, in the General tab you will see a tick box which says Associate with NXM URLs, this will probably appear active, but it may not be. These boxes will be greyed out until you run NMM as Administrator, try rescanning and re-checking the associate with url box as Administrator

Thanks Jim that worked. But I never had to run as administrator before, downloaded all my fallout games and witcher 3 no problem so wonder what changed and why?? I have my games on a separate ssd so I shouldn't have to run in admin mode, "just don't make sense god gave a mule" LOL

Edit: Well it worked until I wanted to download a mod for skyrim in MO and had to associate skyrim to the nmm handler now it just does the same thing for skyrim se, cant download. I just cant believe Nexus or Mod Organizer hasn't fixed this. Bottom line is that the NMM handler from MO will not recognize Skyrim SE!

Edited by jshelp13