Asa48

So, I tried to use the latest versions of the Campfire SE and Frostfall SE mods, but they seem to be corrupting my save files. They don't corrupt previous save files, and they work fine until I try and save. When I save, the saves do not appear on the in-game load menu. They do appear as modded saves in the main menu, but give me the corrupt save file message. I've tried through both Bethesda and the NMM. Anyone have this problem, or, better yet, have discovered what's the cause and hopefully how to fix it?

Wow that's not good. I'm personally refraining from using any mods right now and monitoring these forums to see what issues are reported and try to avoid them. Until stuff is polished through I think it best. But I understand the anxiety XD

I always worry about auto/quick saves, since Oblivion. Lost some damn long saves cos of that. Since I stopped using them religiously, I was able to go through 400 hours in one Skyrim save, despite how many mods I had changed out or updated etc. I witnessed some bugs, but never again will I play without a full save, especially not with script mods

Are you sure that's what's corrupting your save files? I'm about 5 hours in and I haven't had any issues with Frostfall:

GameMode=SkyrimSE

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Campfire.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp=1
Frostfall.esp=1
WetandCold.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
No World Map Fog.esp=1
Canis Root Tea 1.2 Tankard Edition.esp=1
iNeed.esp=1
Blacksmith Forge Water Fix SE.esp=1
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp=1
No NPC Greetings.esp=1
AcquisitiveSoulGemMultithreaded.esp=1
Realistic Legendary Damage.esp=1
Edited by jeffm24

Do you have Campfire before Frostfall in your load-order? Have you tried re-installing those mods?

You might want to try the Frostfall discussion page. The mod author might be able to provide some more insight.

If not, all you can really do is disable those mods until you find a workaround. Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful.