creation kit porting tutorial

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

saurusmaximus

saurusmaximus

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,739 posts

Has anyone made a tutorial on this yet?  Googling hasn't given me much of anything helpful.  I tried importing a custom follower mod I have into the new CK, saving it, and trying it in the game.  But all I get is a frozen Skyrim whenever I go into the cell she is in. 

Obviously, there is more to it than just a simple load-and-save.  I'm guessing I'm going to have do something with Nifskope as well? 

I've tried a couple other mods that have .bsa's attached, and running those through the ck didn't work either.  Arthmoor wrote a post that suggested that was all that was needed, but didn't go into detail, and I'm clearly missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help

saurusmaximus

saurusmaximus

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,739 posts

Found this post.  Though I'm still having issues...Why is nothing ever easy? :wallbash:

triptherift

triptherift

FTW

• Premium Member
  • 4,686 posts

You might try extracting the bsa first. I use bsaopt for that. If the follower is crashing the game it probably is using a custom skeleton. My problem is that all of my custom Racemenu facegens are all broken - the eyes, mouth, brows, and in some cases hair, are all invisible. So yeah, I'm kinda f'cked at the moment.

saurusmaximus

saurusmaximus

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,739 posts

You might try extracting the bsa first. I use bsaopt for that. If the follower is crashing the game it probably is using a custom skeleton. My problem is that all of my custom Racemenu facegens are all broken - the eyes, mouth, brows, and in some cases hair, are all invisible. So yeah, I'm kinda f'cked at the moment.

I found this post, which (I think) has the answer; trouble is, I know next to nothing about Nifskope, so I'm kinda dead in the water until I figure it out.  I'm going to start reading up tomorrow (something for me to do if I get bored at work :devil: )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creation kit, porting, tutorial

Page loaded in: 1.038 seconds