Vokuun

I'd like to start off with saying that it was working fine literally less an hour ago. As I was playing Skyrim (the original, as the SE won't run for more than three minutes), my game froze as it tried to load an exterior, specifically the Solitude city exterior. It was unusual in the fact that the audio didn't cease, my music continued to play even after the picture froze until the track ended. I couldn't quit the game via task manager, which isn't unusual for the rare event where it doesn't simply CTD. I'd just uninstalled ELFX and put RLO in its place, which I find unlikely to be the culprit. However, I had also just deactivated Better Vampires without resetting the mod beforehand because I'm dumb.

So I restart my computer (though not before accidentally switching users), but when the system reboots... NMM just stops. The shortcut is there, the files are there, my game still has the mods I've installed, but the manager doesn't start. No splash screen, no error. I just get a millisecond-long loading cursor and then nothing. I tried installing the latest version (I've been a few updates behind), but no dice. Run as administrator, nothing. Run directly from the .exe file, nope. And if I can't get this fixed, I'm 50 shades of screwed.

Long TL;DR: I changed lighting mods and uninstalled Better Vampires, my game froze, I restarted my computer after accidentally switching users, and the Nexus Mod Manager is suddenly nothing more than a useless shortcut, even after an update.

Short TL;DR: NMM broken, SOS.

Edited by Vokuun

Hmm. Did you try redownloading it from the Nexus, but the site told you that the automatic download failed and to install it manually? That's what happened to me. Maybe it's a more widespread issue.

• 2 weeks later...

same here. tried reinstall. tried to launch from the .exe file in the folder instead of a shortcut. just cursor circle then nothing. mine stopped working when i launched skyrim and my comp just crashed before it could load the menu. no ctd, comp just shut off suddenly like someone had pulled the plug. skyrim works fine and all mods seem to be working. only nmm is broken.

Edited by noggenfogger