Virus infection on nexus mods?

Hercuflea

I keep getting sent to a website (dingit.tv) while using chrome browser. It's the type of popup ad that says you have been selected to participate in something as a Comcast customer. It only seems to happen when I am browsing through a mod's description section in the mods list. I've scanned my full computer with both Webroot and Malwarebytes and neither have turned up anything. Could this be a server side issue?

Yes, this is one of those annoying popup ads which some users keep on getting and I reported it several times.

They don't infect your PC or anything like that, but they're annoying as hell and happen here and there. I just wish I didn't have to waste so much time with virus scanning before I found out it's the Nexus.

Please can you guys read this article. I believe you might have adware on your PC. We'll continue to investigate on our end in the mean-time.

I personally can confirm I have absolutely 0 malware, adware or any sort of viruses on my PC, because I had this issue for months and during that time I reinstalled Windows atleast 7 times, so even on a fully freshly installed Windows, the only website that always had these pop ups was The Nexus.

Regarding anti-viruses, I used like 5 of them, including CCCleaner, Malwarebytes and ADWCleaner. In the end I finally got fed up with these intrusive ads and bought the Supporter package. Rather that than turn on AdBlock.

Also, just wanted to say thank you Dark0ne for everything you do on the Nexus. You certainly made gaming a lot more fun! ^^

Edited by crimsomrider

• 1 year later...

Hi; I'm new to this even though I have had an account for awhile now, so please bear with me. There is a guy (cthkclnpc1) who has just been making mods in China and is a real nice guy. However I did download one mod and it was great. When I asked if he had any other mods he said yes and sent me a link. The link of course led to Nexus. I looked at it for all of 30 second when my computers firewall went nuts. I supposedly had viruses and everything else. But I have an outside service besides Microsoft's Security team that watches what I do on my computer. They caught the bug and squashed it before any harm was done. I don't recognize this virus or whatever it is. It started with a PU-something. When I went back into Nexus it was not attached to the mod page anymore.

I can only assume that it was attached to the link he sent me and not to Nexus. The mod is called "Victoria Helen". So I believe you may have already cleaned it before going further with it? I know when I downloaded the mod to my computer it is on STOP! Keeping me from activating the mod. So I have no idea what is going on with the mod now? Thank you for reading my Text.

Sincerely,

Raum777

• 1 year later...