NIF compatibility issues

I'm actually having a problem with an original vanilla nif. EyesArgonian01.nif seems to be preventing me from even converting my mod over to SE in the CK. Every time I attempt to save the esp for the conversion it crashes with error message:

Textures: EyesArgonian01.nif: EyesArgonian is missing an environmental mask map. When I save, the CK give the stops functioning message and shuts down.

Also seeing the issue with meshes not showing up at all in preview or in the mod they are located in. Hoping that the modders who created the original mod resources will port over or give permissions for others to work on them so that old mods can go up in the new game.

now it does show the model, but all messed up.....srsly i cant convert anny of my older mods. all have a small problem when it comes to meshes.

EDIT: my model works now. i hope i found the problem..... (well this one at least). If you guys have the latest Nifskope try the 'ad Tangent Spaces and Update' Under batch -> Spells.

After that Update tanget spaces again. it worked for The gloves i had issues with. (finaly able to release the second mod).

I will update if it works on other models aswell !

Edited by lagrie

now it does show the model, but all messed up.....srsly i cant convert anny of my older mods. all have a small problem when it comes to meshes.

EDIT: my model works now. i hope i found the problem..... (well this one at least). If you guys have the latest Nifskope try the 'ad Tangent Spaces and Update' Under batch -> Spells.

After that Update tanget spaces again. it worked for The gloves i had issues with. (finaly able to release the second mod).

I will update if it works on other models aswell !

Can confirm that this works. Look at the pink cupcakes in the screenshot...

http://i.imgur.com/LjeLePf.jpg

Also, I got the invisible meshes to appear by using the 'Triangulate All Strips' option.

Edited by Thicketford

Well all this seems for naught, I can't stop NifSkope 2 from crashing upon opening. Any idea what could be missing? It's not giving me an error message, just that useless windows pretending to look for a solution BS.

EDIT: OK, looks like build 6 isn't agreeing with my system somehow. and older build of NS2 seems to work.

Yet. I was doing the update tangent spaces, I didn't do the ADD and update one, that does seem to work. I'll try it out on a few others. Finally got the working copy of NIFskope Alpha build 6. Seems I had a bad link through one of the many sub pages of the NifSkope github page... uhhg. Thanks everyone for your insight. Now to convert a bunch of nifs. Fun :P

Any chance that someone who is familiar with using nifskope willing to do a "dummies" walkthrough on the steps being taken mentioned above.

I did just install 2.0.0. Aside from looking at nifs in renders, don't know much about using this tool.