Bethesda.net Launcher Black Screen

So earlier yesterday, after converting one of my mods to Special Edition, there was an update to the Bethesda Launcher. After installing the update, the above is all I see now. Black screen. I've tried everything I've found and can think of, and nothing is fixing it. Has anyone else had this issue, and has anyone found a fix for it yet?

I have the exact same problem, not a clue how to fix it.

I've read a number of recommended fixes - from using compatibility mode to updating drivers and .NET Framework. I've done all of these things, and yet my Beth launcher refuses to show me anything other than a black screen. Makes getting to the CK for Skyrim SE a bit difficult.

Woot! I finally got it to work! I decided to try something silly and set both the launcher and the updater to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 (the OS I'm using) and then run the updater and *boom* suddenly works fine.

Well, nothings working for me :sad:

Same. Updates, compatibility modes, reboots, launching it with Fallout 4 running. Nothing has worked.

I'm so frustrated with this stupid launcher. Why can't I just download the CK directly?

EDIT: running it in basic Vista got it working. of all the f*#@ing things.

Edited by Ozanare

You don't need to be in the launcher to run CK, only to upload mods. Go to your Skyrim Special Edition folder, usually at

c > program files (x86) > steam > steam apps > common > skyrim special edition

and double click CreationKit.exe to run it. You can also right-click it and send to desktop (create shortcut).

That being said, since the beta update last night, I'm getting black screen in the ck render window, no matter what cells I try to load. I can still use the actor and equipment forms, from the object window. I just can't see any cells to work on.

No idea why.

When you guys say launcher, do you mean the creation kit, or the launcher dashboard itself? I haven't had issues with the launcher (yet) but with regard to the black screen on the creation kit render window, don't opt into the beta patch. This apparently changes the shaders, so you can't see to work in CK. I ended up reverting to the original version of the game, to be able to use CK again.

I'm also getting the blackscreen in the render window after the beta patch. How did you revert to the old version of the game, Thumbincubation?

NVM. I updated the ck launcher and that worked. Just launch creation kit from the Bethesda downloader and it will update.

I did the right-click, delete all local content, and then reinstalled after opting out of betas. That worked, as I could use ck again, but Bethesda has now gone forward with a 1.1 (non beta) patch that you can't opt out of. What 'should' happen now, thanks petermartyr for this info, is you should get an update when you sign into Bethesda launcher. Then click on creation kit 64 icon, hit options, and validate it. (Assuming it doesn't notify you to update that too. It didn't for me.) But after all 3 are updated, the game through steam, launcher and ck through launcher, it should work for you again.