• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Shak404

Shak404

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

unfortunately for me, it didn't solve my issue with ctd when exiting some dungeon..

(I loaded a previous save from before it started doing that, went back to Hob's fall cave and it did the same thing)

I'm out of options right now.. other than starting a new game and that kind of pissed me off a bit.. I mean losing all that playtime, with the possibility of it happening again..

I just don't see the point continuing playing at all. ( already did almost everything on the original skyrim but wanted to get back in for a new adventure since this special edition was free.. I guess that's too bad for me..

Edited by Shak404, 08 November 2016 - 01:05 AM.

SMB92

SMB92

Anti-Enclave & Anti-Imperial Activist

• Premium Member
  • 4,321 posts
And so ends another gamers life in Skyrim...

wim1234

wim1234

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

the problem is you have a corrupt save, and since we have sofar no savecleaner..its a no go.

corrupt save..this means there is a reference in the safe , and it cannot find the object, bang , game over.

this can happen if when you play with mods you remove one..can happen,i say.    this was also true for the old version.

pkaying with mods can be awesome,,,but you NEED to be sure what you are doing.

also since this version is so new, there are bound to be wonky mods..oh yes...

but right now its very possible to play it quite stable with mods,,just one ctd in ca 30 hours of play..not bad at all.  ( i am very picky with me mods, ha)

also there was an issue with savefiles, the update may have fixed that...may......lol

what you can try is start a new game use lal.(live another live mod).so it starts completely different..i like the shipwreck start.

i like stuff ala ordinator too, it changes the game totally.

after i done the mainquests , i will only use lal, for new plays

ofcourse these cna be done in old version too.

oh the joys of pc-gaming with mods

Shak404

Shak404

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Thing is. I never actually removed any of my mod ( I don't use a lot of them too ) before I started getting ctd. I started removing them to see if the problem would go away or to test some people theory (SMIM or RSchildren being the cause of the ctds for example ). And it worked great for a good bunch of hours after I installed my 'last' mod too. that's also part of why I'm so bummed. Here's my mod list rn after reinstalling everything I had before (only thing new is the vivid weather + truestorms+vivid weather patch), even if that probably don't matter anymore by now:

Spoiler

+ some texture mod (ie black dwarven, black elven armor) + reshade and enb

most of these, if not all of these are mods that I used in the original skyrim game (all ported to se, except maybe 2 or 3 and customhairs.esp is just a modification of some npc hair with the apachiihairstyle I made with the creationkit since no official mod is out for it yet for that - it's takes forever to change all npc hairs)

Aniwayyyy. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. much appreciated. ^^

and I might just take your advice and try a new game with Lal.

Edited by Shak404, 08 November 2016 - 11:53 PM.

IlDragoRuggente2

IlDragoRuggente2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

I have the same problem but the CTDs didn't occur until after the latest patch. Before that patch, the game worked flawlessly,

elias90

elias90

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I can also confirm that it is the Static Mesh Improvement mod that causes the issues. I came here looking for help after having a lot of random crashes or freezes. Uninstalled SMIM and it now works fine. Thanks!

thunderlord2200

thunderlord2200

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

best thing i can say is look for any to updates for your mods. sometimes with a new game patch can mess with the mods you have.  try going past a fewe saves (if i can find a patch up update for any mods.  only saying this because as the other person said your saves can corrupt easily. always try to back up saves if you can remember to..

marvel1968

marvel1968

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 26 posts

OK I CAN SEE SO MANY OFF YOU..... HAVE AGAIN THE SAME ISSUE WITH FREEZ  IN DUNGEONS AND THE SOLUTION TO FIX THAT IT'S VERY SIMPLE....REMOVE SMIM AND INSTALL THE UPDATE FILE AND MAKE SURE YOU DON'T INSTALL OTHER MESH MODS CHANGING THE SAME THING.....ADDING TO MANY MESH MODS WITH THIS NEW SKYRIM WILL BUG THE GAME.....MAYBE IN THE FUTURE IT WIL BE FIX....

ALSO YOU NEED TO USE THOSE APPLICATIONS TO MAKE SURE YOU WILL HAVE NO BUGS OR CRASH OR FREEZ...

1- USE LOOT

2- USE TESTEDIT

3- IS OPTIONAL...USE THE NEW MOD CALL ORDENATOR IN THE MODEL & TEXTURE SECTION  TO COMPRESS YOUR TEXTURE MODS.....TO RUN THE GAME VERY SMOOTH....IT WORK SO WELL....

theburqueman

theburqueman

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So if people are still having this problem, it looks like it has already been fixed by Brumbek: apparently it was a chain mesh error that has since been fixed in SMIM ver. 2.03 (it's currently on 2.04). It should fix the dungeon crashing problem that everyone, including me, have been getting with SMIM, so just install the new version and everything should work again.

PeteriusProwler

PeteriusProwler

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 928 posts

Hello im using smis and lots of other mods and im having the same freeze issue with audio and the only way to get out of this is restart my pc please help me fix the issue here is my load order

Spoiler

Page loaded in: 0.965 seconds