I've got an idea for a mod and I need some help

I'm want to make a mod where you can upgrades weapons and armour without doing that smithing nonsense. Basically you go up to a blacksmith and ask to get your weapon/armour upgraded (you have to pay a certain amount of gold and have the materials necessary in order to upgrade).

The problem is... I'm not that good at Creation Kit, but if anyone can help me make this mod possible, you'll have my thanks and I'll credit you in the mod description.

Well, without really knowing how the upgrade process works, here's what I'd do : Find out how it works :D

Basically, take a look at how the upgrade process works. My guess is, that those workbenches and grindstones use some kind of script (probably several scripts). You could try and look through them to understand where and how the actual upgrade is made, and then create a dialogue option using that. You'd have to be somewhat familiar with Papyrus and the CK though I fear.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51024/?

Exists for Skyrim. Let's hope the author is willing to port it over to SSE for us.

Why not just do it yourself?

Feel free to reuse, modify or redistribute this file or any of its assets however you see fit. I only request that you include the source files of your work and grant the same level of liberties I'm offering.

On second thought I see it requires SKSE. Could be complicated for somebody who is just beginning.

also SKSE is not aviable yet for Special Edition :smile:

but this mod is a good idea

That's the only reason it would be complicated. You'd have to know which functions are SKSE functions and which aren't. If SKSE were available it would be as simple as opening the mod in the new CK and creating a new bsa for it.