⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[Help] NMM not installing textures/meshes to data folder

Sinnoth

NMM and SkyrimSE are both installed on my M: drive, an SSD exclusively for my games. When I install any mod with an .esp, the .esp is loaded in NMM's virtual install folder, AND in my SkyrimSE data folder. However, any textures and meshes that go along with installed mods only get placed in my Virtual Install folder. The folder paths get placed in my SkryimSE data folder, but no files. When the game is launched via NMM, the texture files are never loaded.

If I place the texture files manually in the SkyrimSE data folder, they load just fine. But by doing so, now I cannot use NMM to manage them.

Is NMM supposed to be copying the files over to the data folder, or is it supposed to be telling the game to look in the Virtual Install folder for them? If it's designed to copy them over just like it does with .esp, what could be preventing it from doing so? If it's designed to only place the textures and meshes in the Virtual Install folder, how do I tell Skyrim to look there?

I am running out of ideas on how to fix this problem, and I really hope someone here can help me. I do have the latest version of NMM, and I'm using Windows 10. I have the same problem with Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE so far. I look forward to any suggestions you may have. Thanks guys.

I think I'm having the same problem. Tell me if yours manifests itself in the same way.

Some of the mods I'm using aren't working, mostly texture mods like you. I'll install and activate them, and they'll appear checked. I start Skyrim, and they're not working. When I go back to NMM, they have the little red symbol next to them showing they are deactivated. Nothing I do, including running as admin and reinstalling the mods, fixes this. Is the same thing happening to you, OP?

I think I'm having the same problem. Tell me if yours manifests itself in the same way.

Some of the mods I'm using aren't working, mostly texture mods like you. I'll install and activate them, and they'll appear checked. I start Skyrim, and they're not working. When I go back to NMM, they have the little red symbol next to them showing they are deactivated. Nothing I do, including running as admin and reinstalling the mods, fixes this. Is the same thing happening to you, OP?

This sounds different than what I experienced. NMM never tells me they are deactivated, and I don't have any red symbol. My problem is when you initially install any mod with textures or meshes, the act of copying those files from source over to skyrim data files does not occur. The files are simply not copied over by NMM, but it still claims the mod is active. Other files, such as audio, or plugins copy over. I don't know why it won't copy everything else.

I have since given up on NMM and have been using WryeBash as my mod manager, just for the sake of getting the game running.