Crash at Dawnstar - mods uninstalled, verified cache, reinstalled, etc.

silverdropone

I suspect I will get better results by asking here than on Steam.

My problem is that I cannot approach Dawnstar without crashing to desktop. I've played several hours and experienced no other crashes. I had installed mods (around 50) with absolutely no problems (of course, deactivated all of my plugins to test this issue) -- I also used LOOT to check load order.

I've already tried many solutions listed here --

I deactivated all plugins.

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled SkyrimSE.

I've updated my graphics card (Nvidia Geforce GTX 660Ti) drivers.

I've verified the cache and my files are good.

I use a clean save right after Helgen and I've tried running there, using tcl and flying there, fast travelling there, etc. I cannot get near the marker without crashing.

I used the alternate start mod to quickly run back, and still crash.

Does anyone know of anything else I can do? I don't want to get into playing this seriously, knowing I'll have to restart because I can't enter the fugging city.

Do I have to actually UNINSTALL my mods through NMM in order to see if something is causing the crash? Or is disactivating them enough? I am currently experimenting with uninstalling Static Mesh Improvement Mod to see if that might have something to do with it ...

Appreciate any help in advance. Even moral support. It's really frustrating!

Does anyone have any ideas? Or a response to the question:
Do I have to actually UNINSTALL my mods through NMM in order to see if something is causing the crash? Or is disactivating them enough? I am currently experimenting with uninstalling Static Mesh Improvement Mod to see if that might have something to do with it ...