Fores New Idles Corrupting Saves?!

turkishjedi21

Last night, I installed FNIS. I played for a bit, with mods that used fnis, then went to bed. I wake up the next morning (today), and continue where I left off. Right before I join the game, on the loading screen, it ctds. I completely uninstalled fnis, and it was still happening. Next, I completely uninstalled skyrim, and reinstalled it. I then carefully added mods, and it was working. Then when I went to add fnis so that i could add the rest of my fnis-dependent mods, the game crashes upon loading a save. I managed to fix it by saving the entire skyrim directory to a folder on my desktop, and replacing the actual directory with this. Now, I installed an earlier version of fnis, and i'm currently in the process of replacing the skyrim directory. Does anyone know a permanent and less annoying fix for this? I've spent my whole saturday trying to fix this to no avail.

Did you run the exe program for FNIS (after installing all of your mods)?

I think you need to run it first before playing Skyrim. Check out FNIS mod page for more info.

If you're talking about the Generate application, yes, I did. I ran it after it was installed, and I ran it after I installed each fnis-dependent mod